Paul Merson on our transfers window

AntonDonJuan

He has had his say on all the club's business. Now get this...

Liverpool got an A
I think Christian Benteke is a good signing and Nathaniel Clyne is another good one. Joe Gomez has been outstanding so far and you always know what you're going to get from James Milner on a free transfer. They have brought in a lot of money for players like Raheem Sterling and Fabio Borini so they have done good deals. I like the way they've bought, but then I watched them against West Ham and oh dear…

Arsenal got a B
Getting Petr Cech was brilliant. To get a goalie like him is absolutely outstanding, but they needed to buy more if they wanted to go on and win the league. If you keep doing the same things you'll keep getting the same results. It will be the same again this year - top four, but no Premier League title. I'll give them a B because the goalie is that good, but it should have been more. They needed a centre-half, a holding midfielder and a centre-forward - the spine of a team.

Palace got a A*
Bakary Sako has got to be the buy of the transfer window on a free. Patrick Bamford is a good player, I like Alex McCarthy and Connor Wickham has been around. He knows the Premier League. I'm giving them A+ because I think they've bought very, very, very well and have got rid of a few players too.

and we got....

B-
I like the signing of Fabian Delph, but I think Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne are pathetically over-priced. They have spent £54.5m on De Bruyne - and he's a player they don't really need. That position wasn't on their hit-list and now someone like Samir Nasri isn't going to get a game, which is phenomenal for me. They have bought well, but I am going to give them a B- for the money they have had to pay.

Yet another great advert for why you shouldn't do drugs. He should go on tour to schools to tell kids his opinions, it would probably lower teenage drinking considerably.

The best bit is Arsenal "needed a centre half, a holding midfielder and a forward"...only bought a keeper and get a higher grading than us

How he has a job as a pundit defies belief

I'll give him a partial pass for Aguerooo, but he's always going to be a bit of a knob.

From a person who came out with "love bites' n ' evryfin'" trying to describe the magnitude of the Agueroooo moment?
The guy is nothing more than a moronic remnant from the Sky 4 era.
Everybody else think City have spent wisely, (quality not quantity) now, and don't forget, everybody was writing City off before the season started, and look at the start we've had, that's before KDB and Otomendi come into the squad.

k2b5jv.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.