Paul Merson

It isn't an open draw and is already seeded. That's why prem and league 1 clubs don't join until r3

Make me lol that he says united can win it and basically dismisses City's chance even though we are in front of them

He doesn't even know what he says. He just opens his mouth and the words fall out with zero consideration. A bit like Robbie Savage.
Maybe we're underestimating him a bit? He actually makes Savage sound considered which, if you think about it, is a hugely difficult feat to accomplish. Hidden depths has Mr Merson, hidden depths........

Presumably he thinks we are better without the FA Cup because we are competing for the PL and CL. I wonder what he'll say about Arsenal then, given that they are in exactly the same competitions as us, and also below us in the league.

It should be an open draw, but I think there's an argument for the 'lower' team being drawn at home by right, irrespective of the order they're drawn out at, up to the semi-final.

Presumably people who say you shouldn't ever tinker with the format in any way whatsoever want a return to the endless replays of yesteryear.

Ah those were the days G. Who was it who had God knows how many replays? Think it went to the fourth or fifth.

Edit: Alvechurch and Oxford took 66 days to complete it. Fantastic. Fifth replay. '62-63

He doesn't even know what he says. He just opens his mouth and the words fall out with zero consideration. A bit like Robbie Savage.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
-Bertrand Russell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.