Paul Merson

I think some form of seeding in the FA Cup would be a good thing. I think it's daft that teams like Stourbridge get all the way to the 3rd round against the odds to be given Wycombe when they should be rewarded with the biggest possible draw, it's the match of a lifetime for them.

For me at Round 1 there should be a non-league route, and a league route. The League 1 & 2 teams already get their shot at a big side in the League Cup, so for League 1 & 2 teams should play each other to earn the right to get to Round 3. Non-league teams should play exclusively against each other until a set number make Round 3. Then in Round 3, they're put in a separate pot and get drawn against the top ranking Premier League sides. The rest of the draw can then be open. Should be like the German Cup where the little teams get their big first round tie, that's what the cup is about for me, the minnows getting a truly big game, not making it all the way through to get knocked out by a League 2 side who had their chance at a Prem team tie in September in the League Cup.

Plus, I'm sick of getting Premier League & Championship sides in the 3rd Round. It's a glorified League Cup these days and it sucks.

Merson is harmless and and light hearted, I find him entertaining.

Far worse pundits on tv!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.