Paul Simpson 'Tales of Blue' - "Tony Book is the reason I had a career"

Just watched it. Very good and insightful. Simmo used to live near me when he was Manager at Carlisle and at that time my lad & his youngest son played for the same primary school team. He regularly came to watch, as did I, and TBH I always found him to be not the most talkative of guys and that's pretty much an understatement! In fact at times it was like drawing teeth. The T of B interview shows him in a different light - seems he's in his comfort zone talking about professional football.
Really enjoyed it though !

I really enjoyed that interview, always liked Simmo as a player, he definitely got a raw deal from Machin. I learnt something new as well, as much as I rack my brains I cannot recall City playing in Gabon!

Just watched it. Very good and insightful. Simmo used to live near me when he was Manager at Carlisle and at that time my lad & his youngest son played for the same primary school team. He regularly came to watch, as did I, and TBH I always found him to be not the most talkative of guys and that's pretty much an understatement! In fact at times it was like drawing teeth. The T of B interview shows him in a different light - seems he's in his comfort zone talking about professional football.
Really enjoyed it though !
He lived 4 doors up from me in digs on Kingsway in 1986 when he played for City. Perry Suckling was there as well.

Always liked Simmo. Cracking player in that 84-5 promotion push and when we went up. One of my main memories of Simmo was when scored a great lo G range free kick v Wednesday on Boxing Day 86. Met him after a reserve game where we beat Sheff U at Bramall Lane. He scored a worldy from 40 yards on a freezing - 4 degrees night. Likeable fella to talk to.

Always liked Simmo. Cracking player in that 84-5 promotion push and when we went up. One of my main memories of Simmo was when scored a great lo G range free kick v Wednesday on Boxing Day 86. Met him after a reserve game where we beat Sheff U at Bramall Lane. He scored a worldy from 40 yards on a freezing - 4 degrees night. Likeable fella to talk to.
He more or less got us over the line with his performances after being recalled from a loan exile in Ireland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.