Paul Sugrue - former City player charged as part of fraud gang

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by bluethrunthru, 10 Sep 2017.

1. BigJoe#1

BigJoe#1

I know his daughter, I used to work with her.

I think he, like her lives in Newport now. I sent her a link on Facebook a couple of weeks back when someone on here mentioned him in an I remember the good old days thread,

Might see what she can tell me about this....

2. nmc

nmc

That's tragic. Very sad.

3. GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

Kelvin Etuhu
    John Blott?.....Despite being a self confessed Old fart, I have no recollection of him at all

4. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    Remember him well.At the same time as David Wifil,ah,pre season friendlies at Bideford Town.
    I also recall City being after Aizelwood as a potential signing from Charlton.

5. MrE

MrE

Can't remember who it was against but he definately hit the bar at the platt lane end once

6. paulchapo

paulchapo

I remember picking up the paper and in big headlines was Big Mal coming back and Swales funding him a fortune to rebuild the team and take us back to the glory days, I thought it was brilliant. Little did we all know.......

7. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

8. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Remember it like yesterday....... last game of the season 1979/80 Ipswich at home, his debut, won 2-1 and yes he did hit the bar

9. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Chris Killen

10. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Uppity Twat
    I also remember that game like it was yesterday. It was a great performance by us in the first 20 or so minutes. Kevin Reeves scored a tap-in at the Platt Lane (where both our goals were scored) after a great build up. There was a real air of optimism at Maine Road that day, in contrast with what had been a disappointing season. Nitwithstanding those optimistic vibes, the following season we got off to an awful start and by the Autumn Big Mal was gone.