Former City player convicted of fraud

I know his daughter, I used to work with her.

I think he, like her lives in Newport now. I sent her a link on Facebook a couple of weeks back when someone on here mentioned him in an I remember the good old days thread,

Might see what she can tell me about this....

I remember picking up the paper and in big headlines was Big Mal coming back and Swales funding him a fortune to rebuild the team and take us back to the glory days, I thought it was brilliant. Little did we all know.......

Remember it like yesterday....... last game of the season 1979/80 Ipswich at home, his debut, won 2-1 and yes he did hit the bar
I also remember that game like it was yesterday. It was a great performance by us in the first 20 or so minutes. Kevin Reeves scored a tap-in at the Platt Lane (where both our goals were scored) after a great build up. There was a real air of optimism at Maine Road that day, in contrast with what had been a disappointing season. Nitwithstanding those optimistic vibes, the following season we got off to an awful start and by the Autumn Big Mal was gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.