Pay to listen to Corbyn speak

And most of them will be dependent on those same young people working and paying tax so they can continue to enjoy their ever rising pensions and ever rising health care costs.

How will they be dependent on young people if they continue to enjoy ever rising pensions ? What is happening and will continue to happen is that these people will be charged for any help or care and of course they will pay for it out of their 'ever rising pensions' and then be forced to sell their house to continue that care..... but this debate isnt about that, you just decided to have a dig.

You and I know this was a bit cack-handed but in political terms it's small earthquake no one killed, at least it should be, but the venom it has generated is out of all proportion to the "crime" and the racist motivations attributed to this heinous move (which, of course, are all the "fault" of Corbyn, who probably played a minor part, if any in all of this) tells me more about the motivations of the posters than it does about Corbyn.

I grow tired of the politics threads in off topic. I used to moderate a politics forum back in the day. You would tidy up the thread of profanity and stop posters from ganging up on individuals and that was it, but here it's different, I was permanently banned from the Brexit thread for upsetting other posters, my crime was taking one poster to account for how hypocritical it was for him to champion the fact that he was happy for others to pay the price for his choices, it upset him.

In here you post something in favour of what Labour is doing or you try to explain it when the party drops a bollock and when I log in again I get five, six, seven angry posts accusing me of all sorts of shit, I try to fend it off and I'm abused page after page and eventually banned for annoying the other posters.

I stick to the football threads for the most part now and most of the folk I would call progressive posters seem to do the same.

On this thread I agree the venom was way over the top and more about attacking Corbyn under the guise of ‘horrified concern’ over the perceived racism (yeah right) than anything else. The entire thread could have been done in one page summarised as ‘well that was a bit of a dumb move’ but alas it went full Daily Mail.

I did feel you were fighting a lone battle and it did start to look like ganging up so I hear you on that.

Hang in there brother and fight the good fight there are still a few of us left :)

She’s human. Try a lifetime of racial abuse and frustration can sometimes get the better of you. Hell you’re triggered by one tweet. Should she generalise like that? No. Should she apologise? Yes. Is she a racist? No.

I'm not triggered at all - I tend to agree with you. But accusations of her being racist aren't entirely baseless.

I think that generally a distinction needs to be made between something that's racially insensitive (i.e. Abbott's tweet and the Corbyn ticket prices) and racial abuse.

I'm not triggered at all - I tend to agree with you. But accusations of her being racist aren't entirely baseless.

I think that generally a distinction needs to be made between something that's racially insensitive (i.e. Abbott's tweet and the Corbyn ticket prices) and racial abuse.

Fair enough.

How will they be dependent on young people if they continue to enjoy ever rising pensions ? What is happening and will continue to happen is that these people will be charged for any help or care and of course they will pay for it out of their 'ever rising pensions' and then be forced to sell their house to continue that care..... but this debate isnt about that, you just decided to have a dig.
I didn’t have a dig. Who do you think pays for state pensions? I’m not moaning about it I just get fed up with the ever prevailing attitude that all young people are freeloaders and wasters.

I grow tired of the politics threads in off topic. I used to moderate a politics forum back in the day. You would tidy up the thread of profanity and stop posters from ganging up on individuals and that was it, but here it's different, I was permanently banned from the Brexit thread for upsetting other posters, my crime was taking one poster to account for how hypocritical it was for him to champion the fact that he was happy for others to pay the price for his choices, it upset him.

Maybe you need up your game a bit then.
When it was pointed out to you there would have been absolute uproar if the pricing was the other way, then maybe address the point made rather sticking the blinkers on and coming back with a crap retort like 'if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle'

When it was pointed out to you there would have been absolute uproar if the pricing was the other way, then maybe address the point made rather sticking the blinkers on and coming back with a crap retort like 'if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle'

But the pricing wasn't the other way round, so speculating on the level of uproar that might have been generated had something happened, a something that didn't actually happen and was never likely to happen, is a pointless waste of time.

How about this? In many walks of life pensioners get discounted this and that for reasons we're all familiar with, but increasingly we're seeing evidence that a sizeable proportion of aging baby boomers have a great deal more disposable income than other age groups, what with index linked pensions and being asset rich, savings, shares and whatnot. Of course side by side with this aging affluence we also have pensioner poverty which cannot be overlooked.

The solution the State and other bodies have come to (City included) is to offer discounts simply based on age, which means affluent over 65s are minting it and I know this from personal experience, we all know this.

Kids get discounts but young adults don't, but we know they are the first generation that may well end up poorer than their parents, so are the discounts given to older people evidence of us giving up on the young? Is it evidence of the State giving discounts to pensioners because they no longer earn and have had a life time of paying tax and national insurance or is it that pensioners vote in large numbers, often for the Tories and their demographic make up the bulk of the Tory Party?

Complicated isn't it! and so is this fund raising mini fiasco, but where as old versus young is a real topic for debate, there's no thread about it and there'd be very little froth generated by it if there was. Not so here, this small earthquake no one killed white versus BAME non event has run for 16 pages! Why is that I wonder?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.