pearces signings

BlueSinceBirth said:
i liked beasley (if he was brazilian , youde love him) robinho sometimes reminds me of him actually.

CAUTION - strong drugs being taken on this thread

Pearce never had a pot to piss in.

He did well considering.

City's defense kept us up. We scored the least goals of any team ever, to remain in the Premiership. Not pretty, but professional.

He scoured Europe looking for cheap deals. Riera was a class player, and would have kept him if we had the cash to pay for him.
Anybody decent he could get on loan, he did, knowing we would never have the cash necessary to sign them. Signing players on one year deals, because we couldn't commit to long term wages.

Gorgeous Georgio was pants for us, but he is currently the second highest scorer in Scotland for Celtic, and had been prolific in Greece. Pearce always said he was one for the future. I also thought Da Marcas was decent.

The club was always concerned about future finances, operating on a shoestring.

Let's raise a glass to the Sheik, and let the good times roll in 2009.

I know the performances and the 10 home goals of 2006-07 hurt a lot of fans, and season ticket sales probably still haven't recovered, but all things considered Pearce was a fantastic manager considering the standard of players we had did a remarkable job.

Without the Premier League in 2007-08 we would not have had Thakisn, and without Thaksin we would not have ADUG.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
I know the performances and the 10 home goals of 2006-07 hurt a lot of fans, and season ticket sales probably still haven't recovered, but all things considered Pearce was a fantastic manager considering the standard of players we had did a remarkable job.

Without the Premier League in 2007-08 we would not have had Thakisn, and without Thaksin we would not have ADUG.
correct.

Bozo said:
Beasley was a good player.

This is an absolutly gash statement, he was wank, how many games did he start??? i bet no more than 8 games, yes he did score against West Ham and contributed to the xmas wins which prob kept us up, however he was shite as a player. Sum tit compared him to Robiniho, surely that was said tongue in cheek.

I even remember him coming on from the bench (i think it was against Blackburn) in fukin RED BOOTS, the crowd started chanting "what the fukin hell are they"

Much to his embarrasment he soon changed them, USA,USA,USA

To be fair to Pearce he only ever had about £10m to spend.
Sam £6m the price quoted but I'm assured we only ever paid about £3m for him & the rest was to be linked with City winning things\appearances etc.
Vass £2m
Corradi £2m
Didi £300k
Ball £75k
Joe Hart £700k
Dabo- free (And he was supposed to be THE best Bosman that sumer)
to be fair a few of those are still knocking about so they werent that bad!

Glad he got chopped though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.