Pensioner arrested for murder

Thanks. I finally surmised that from the responses. I didn’t see that in the thread. My apologies to all.

That said, what was he arrested for? Self defence? Not allowing himself to be beaten and possibly murdered in his own home?

Manchester has been in the news a lot recently for the uptick in violent crime...London too, with the knife attacks exceeding NYC murder rate. People in the States are laughing at the notion that Khan is seeking to ban knives, as if the bad guys won’t carry them, or will restrict themselves to under 3 inches.

The societal divide between haves, have nots, and law abiding and those willing to ride the line to do and get what they want is causing havoc in many societies. One wonders where, and how, it will end.

Hey CB, he was arrested because a person died and the facts had to be established. Normal procedure. How do we know he hadn't had the guy brought round to his house, stabbed him and made it look like a burglary? As others mentioned, once it was established what had happened he was, rightly, released without charge. He's a modern day hero!

That said, what was he arrested for? Self defence? Not allowing himself to be beaten and possibly murdered in his own home?
Oh come on. A man was found dead in the street and the old fella admitted to being the one who killed him.

Of course it's only right and proper for him to be arrested under those circumstances.

Or do you think the police should automatically believe every homeowner who says the dead guy outside their house was a burglar?

Last edited:
Hey CB, he was arrested because a person died and the facts had to be established. Normal procedure. How do we know he hadn't had the guy brought round to his house, stabbed him and made it look like a burglary? As others mentioned, once it was established what had happened he was, rightly, released without charge. He's a modern day hero!
I'm of the opinion that when the coppers turned up, they would have recognised the dead scrote straight away and realised the potential for retribution from his "community". The initial arrest could have been partly to appease them/buy some time. In reality the pensioner was probably given a heroes welcome at the station, and rightly so.

His family are now trying to set up a shrine on the doorstep of the pensioner who killed him. And locals are rightly taking it down. Just wait for the police to start aresting the locals for breaching the peace? Lets be honest none of is would be surprised if this happened in the topsy turvy society we live in today !

There is a danger here that this could turn into something much more sinister here now that that far right brigade have got hold or this. I get the fact that burglar had it coming to him and at the same time there is the issue of what is reasonable force bludgeoning somebody to death with a screw driver because they broke into your house. You have to tread very carefully here because you can go to far the other way. If you come down hard on the pensioners side and you then create an precedence for an anything goes if you come anyway near my property scenario. For example most of you must remember going into the annoying neighbours garden to retrieve your ball without permission. What's to stop the cantankerous old git smashing you in the face with a spade and putting you in you in hospital and then clam that you were trying to burgle his house? It s a fine line this one and once that you cross that lexicon to far one way then you are fucked.

There is a danger here that this could turn into something much more sinister here now that that far right brigade have got hold or this. I get the fact that burglar had it coming to him and at the same time there is the issue of what is reasonable force bludgeoning somebody to death with a screw driver because they broke into your house. You have to tread very carefully here because you can go to far the other way. If you come down hard on the pensioners side and you then create an precedence for an anything goes if you come anyway near my property scenario. For example most of you must remember going into the annoying neighbours garden to retrieve your ball without permission. What's to stop the cantankerous old git smashing you in the face with a spade and putting you in you in hospital and then clam that you were trying to burgle his house? It s a fine line this one and once that you cross that lexicon to far one way then you are fucked.

Sorry but there is a world of difference between getting a ball from a garden and someone attacking the ball retrievee with a spade presumably in daylight as in your presumption and two persons breaking into a house at night armed with a screwdriver and an elderly man defending himself and his wife and accidentally stabbing someone to death in the act of self defence. Its nothing to do with far right redundancies either so you would be better off stop trying to twist it into something it is clearly not. Its just common sense.

at the same time there is the issue of what is reasonable force bludgeoning somebody to death with a screw driver because they broke into your house.

Read up on the case as no one was bludgeoned and a screw driver was not used by the pensioner. So far you’re not lending weight to your views on the subject by showing a total disregard for what actually happened.

For example most of you must remember going into the annoying neighbours garden to retrieve your ball without permission. What's to stop the cantankerous old git smashing you in the face with a spade and putting you in you in hospital
The fact that that would be illegal for fucks sake. Are you on the WUM or just clueless on this particular subject?

Using reasonable force against intruders
You can use reasonable force to protect yourself or others if a crime is taking place inside your home.

This means you can:

• protect yourself ‘in the heat of the moment’ - this includes using an object as a weapon
  • stop an intruder running off - eg tackle them to the ground
There’s no specific definition of ‘reasonable force’ - it depends on the circumstances. If you only did what you honestly thought was necessary at the time, this would provide strong evidence that you acted within the law. Read guidance from the Crown Prosecution Service.

I always knocked on to get the ball regardless of where it actually landed. I wouldn't even lean over a fence and get it without knocking first. I'd then apologise. I did have a strict upbringing but it's seen me right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.