Pensioner arrested for murder

He’s not mine but exactly the same minus the crop. Looking at bullet head they are Presas. Not much different look wise than a cane Corso. I have signs up outside the house warning burglars. He’s very placid with family and friends but strangers aren’t really tolerated
I've played with a mastiff and it was the biggest lumox I've ever met, demanded to rough and tumble with me in the middle of the dog park. Wouldn't have fancied my chances if it had been anything less than completely friendly :)
bh7lhoW.gifv

He’s not mine but exactly the same minus the crop. Looking at bullet head they are Presas. Not much different look wise than a cane Corso. I have signs up outside the house warning burglars. He’s very placid with family and friends but strangers aren’t really tolerated
BTW is there a reason for them having their ears cropped? They seem like the best part of a dog if you ask me.

Saw this gif earlier on thought you might like.

People suggesting that the present test for defending your own home needs changing are hopelessly wide of the mark and greatly underestimate the ability of the general public to apply common sense and their experience of the world to such a situation.

The current test for defending your home is reasonable force in the circumstances; and who applies that test? 12 jurors, that’s who. 12 people who share the same fear about being burgled along with an overwhelming desire to protect their own homes and families within it as other people in this thread. They know what is reasonable to protect your own - and the CPS will be all too aware of this when arriving at a charging decision.

Homeowners can’t be given carte blanche. This would mean that the victim of a burglary could detain a youth they have found in their home, tie them to a radiator and torture them for weeks before killing them. That proposition offends the notion of a lawful, well-ordered society.

In a civilised society there has to be some form of limit on any action. Nobody should be given licence to act in a way that is disproportionate to the circumstances they find themselves in. People on juries will instinctively know what is reasonable and give their verdict accordingly; if it ever gets to that point, which it rarely does. The fact that since Tony Martin there hasn’t (as far as I am aware) been more than a single further conviction for someone defending their home, serves to underline that point.

The present test cannot be improved upon.

Something similar happened to my friend’s granddad in the late 90’s. (big mistake as he had raised 8 handy lads and had a background in the armed forces). He disturbed a burglar in his home who attacked him with a iron bar to get away, my mate’s granddad reached for a knife from his knife block, stabbed and subsequently killed the burglar. He was acquitted as he hadn’t acted in a premeditated manner. I’m not sure if the law has changed in this respect?
So he was arrested and tried before a jury then?

First degree murder, or second/third isnt a UK thing. It was suggested a while ago but there's still just one crime of 'murder'. Like most crimes in the UK the sentencing guidelines give different 'tariffs', which take into account various aggravating factors. For example, any adult who commits murder faces 15 years or more in jail. If they took a weapon to the scene, that goes up to 25, and anything like sexual violence or murder for profit raises the minimum sentence to 30 years. Judges are allowed discretion for mitigating factors, so it's not unusual to see sentences quite a bit shorter than the tariff suggests.

Loads here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_English_law#Indictment
Sort of correct. However here in the UK, murder carries a mandatory life sentence. You don't get different sentences for murder. Everyone convicted of murder gets a life sentence, full stop.

What does change is the minimum prison term that the judge is able to apply: i.e. the period before which they cannot be released under any circumstances.

This varies according to the severity of the crime and any aggravating or mitigating factors. So you might get a life sentence, with a minimum 30 year term for example. Which is what you'd very likely get if you deliberately went out and shot someone.

Last edited:
Soon as a thief comes into your house to rob or attack your family he or she loses all there rights,so good on you old fella.

Soon as a thief comes into your house to rob or attack your family he or she loses all there rights,so good on you old fella.

Couldn't say it better myself. Too soft on criminals in this country. I couldn't care less about a burglar . They are low life bottom feeders. No one forces them to burgle homes and ruin lives.

So the intruder/ (criminal burglar) 1 of two ceiminals was armed with the screwdriver and a struggle ensued with the 78 yr old homeowner and the criminal was stabbed to death with said screwdriver and the home owner gets charge with murder! WTF is wrong with this country. ? Far too much emphasis on the criminals rights and not the victim!

So the intruder/ (criminal burglar) 1 of two ceiminals was armed with the screwdriver and a struggle ensued with the 78 yr old homeowner and the criminal was stabbed to death with said screwdriver and the home owner gets charge with murder! WTF is wrong with this country. ? Far too much emphasis on the criminals rights and not the victim!
He was arrested, not charged, and has now been bailed, pending enquiries. The police are just doing their job and ensuring nothing untoward has happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.