pensions

If I were you I'd first consider my tax exposure and consider how you can make yourself more tax efficient.

This will then have knock on effects to your drawdown, how much and how often etc

It's difficult for anyone to offer you advice unless we know the details and I wouldn't recommend sharing those on here; maybe someone itk will PM you and offer some guidance

Thanks DLBH I`ve been going through this with the financial avisor then running it pasted my accountant.

I put it out there because I thought other might be in the same situation and its a mine field

You can arrange a free advice session through unbiased:

https://www.unbiased.co.uk/

You can then compare the advice you received from them with the financial adviser you are meeting.

Age UK can also provide advice.

However, I am not FPC qualified so don't take advice from me.

cheers thanks. MinL. just a minefield and idea`s are coming at you it hard to remember all they say. will phone the F advisor and ask him to put the major points of his proposal on paper.

Nowadays, I believe they have regulations to prevent financial advisors from taking a fee from companies, so you have to pay them, but they are not just going to recommend whatever gets them a bonus any more.

Unless you're an expat like me, in which case they're free to take whatever fee they want. My pension is undoubtedly shit as a result. Although it is based in the British Virgin Islands, which makes me feel like some sort of high-flying tax dodger (even though in reality I pay more tax).

Make sure it's an Independent Financial Advisor. If it isn't they will only recommend products from the Company they work for. An Independent has access to all available products on the Market which aren't available to the tied agents.

get the advice in writing. Then share it with someone you trust to analyze it for you. Say someone with a law degree and a banking background whose only financial interest in the result is making sure you have enough money to pay for your round of drinks.

I'm in this business and pension qualified so you can pm me if you like once had the advice and I'll give you an idea of whether it is sound or not. I should also be able to give you an idea if the fee sounds reasonable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.