Pep. A better manager in Spanish than English?

Marvin

Read this interview with Dani Alves.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-why-man-city-boss-pep-guardiola-is-a-genius

It fits the demonic intense genius image I had of Pep before he came. But I don't see it at press conferences. perhaps he is different with the players. At press conferences I think he struggles a little with the language. Perhaps it's the same with the English players, or do you think he does whatever it takes to get his point across?

Must be a bit of an obstacle for a manager to captivate and control his players when he has to do it in a different language?

Obviously not an insurmountable problem as he managed in Germany, and a 2nd year his English will be better.

Probably explains why so few English managers go abroad. They just can't communciate. We are so lucky. We don't have to learn another language when so many other people do, or maybe it holds people back not learning. The more skills you have and learning the better you can adapt. Somehow gone off topic!

Christ Marvin!?!?
Get rid of it them. I thought it was a great interview by Dani Alves, but it doesn''t tie in with the man I see in front of the cameras. He looks distinctly unanimated in front of the press. Part of that I understand, but he should be able to run rings around them, and use it as a way of intimidating the opposition. Mourinho used to do that to great effect years ago, but something has taken its toll

He has no problems with the language. He has owned the press, make no mistake, calling them out when he needed to and without doubt he does it to the players when he needs to. The United loving media are frightened to death of the direction Pep is taking us, they have tried to destabilise but he is too clever, too knowledgeable and will show it in the next twelve months when he has players at his disposal who can play his system.

I am reliably informed he prefers Marvin Christ Almighty.
The character described by Dani Alves is flamboyant. The man I see in press conferences is not. You don't agree I take it!

He has no problems with the language. He has owned the press, make no mistake, calling them out when he needed to and without doubt he does it to the players when he needs to. The United loving media are frightened to death of the direction Pep is taking us, they have tried to destabilise but he is too clever, too knowledgeable and will show it in the next twelve months when he has players at his disposal who can play his system.
Watch the Watford press conference then when he misunderstood the question from the journalist about Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.