Pep documentary on BBC

His record cannot be denied but I would. put it. down to more motivational slills, sometimes luck, formation of the premier league, the red scouse dynasty demise as a contender and fear through bullying players and media to never criticise him once on a roll (afterall the first 2 seasons he was a sitting duck woth the press and the rags were awful).

Did he bring in new fitness and diet ideas?
Did he revolutionise playing styles and how other teams across the pyramid?
could you really say what style of football they even played under him as a legacy?

His best skills were making some bang average players believe they were good enough and become champions, motivate teams into solid units and control narratives.

One of the best man managers the league has seen but a pioneer that changed it? I would say only Wenger (to a degree) and Pep could claim that.

I agree

In terms of the football the rags played, there was nothing really unique or forward thinking about it. He was just a good man manager Slur Alex, and that's a real skill in itself, but the football itself wasn't anything different to what anyone else was doing.

Pep has taken football to a place nobody had seen in England, and I also do think Wenger played his role too.

Mourinho did bring something in incredible efficiency. Conceding just 15 goals in a season is absolutely ridiculous, and they did score more than some people would have you believe. But it was never really a style that was bought into by anyone, unlike Pep which has completely changed the way kids are being taught about the game.

Nobody ever used Ferguson's teams to study the philosophical and tactical innovations and blueprints to playing much better football. There's nothing to learn from his football. That's really why the likes of Pep destroyed him in finals, or even Mourinho turning up to the swamp and doing a number on them with Porto. Ferguson ran into these younger guys that had could man manage just as well, but they'd developed a much stronger blueprint on now they wanted their teams to play for them and could implement it over managers like Ferguson for the most part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.