Pep Guardiola - 2017/18 assessment

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by dave_blue12, 22 Aug 2017.

1. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Economist
    Pep is intimating that City is an unstoppable force, like a old matriarch in a Spanish (or French) family.

2. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Quite mild compared to the reaction of the FOCs in CBL3. At least seven went over the parapet from 323 alone.

3. Kippax.

Kippax.

WILD, MERCER, MANCINI, PELLEGRINI
    FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
    I am already worried about the day he leaves :/

4. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Oi !! No I fucking didn`t.

5. Bigga

Bigga

Father/ Boys' u8's Climbing Frame!
    The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    I thought Raheem actually played better after that moment!

It was like getting encouragement from your Dad after you thinking he'd be mad at you!!

6. manimanc

manimanc

He is saying we make them others in red boil their piss, motherfucker!

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Disrespectful motherfucker.

#baldyout

8. cleavers

cleavers

I've no idea, and I'll be honest I couldn't give a flying f**k either.

As we walked out of the ground last night, I said to my lad that I can't believe just how much he has bought into City, and how much he loves the players he's got.

At the final whistle last night he marched onto the pitch, and I thought shit he's going for Madley, but he wanted to go to every player and shake their hand before they left the pitch, and he gave them all a hug like he'd done Sterling earlier, the biggest appeared to be for Sergio, so for those that think they don't get on, I think it said different, but his passion for this squad is bigger than I've noticed at his previous clubs, especially BM where I never thought there was much connection.

On top of that, these players all seem to have bought into what he's doing, and are loving every minute of it.

9. And to think, there were quite a few blues who doubted him when he was appointed and even more so after last season.
    What I love about him is that, after over 40 years of going to watch football, I’m having to rethink everything I thought was true about the game. You need a tall, hard centre-half, a defensive midfielder not technically great but who can leave one on the opposition. At least one striker, preferably two, needed if you want to score goals (a big man/small man partnership ideal). Full backs need to be defenders, first and foremost. Row Z should always be the first option for a defender (see fullbacks). Don’t play players out of position, the major job of a goalkeeper is shot stopping and don’t change a winning team.
    I’ve probably believed many of those things at some time or other, as have many of the people who still criticise both Pep and City. I think it’s why a few people want him to fail because they cannot comprehend what he’s doing but, whatever it is, they don’t like it because it gives a lie to everything they’ve ever thought true.
    Personally, I absolutely love it..........

10. malg

malg

Hopefully he'll stay another 3 seasons.