Pep Guardiola - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by dave_blue12, 22 Aug 2017.

1. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

I couldn't see a thread to discuss Pep and so I thought I'd start one.

Apologies if I've missed an existing thread.

I just wanted to talk about Pep's constant bemoaning of our finishing and the likely effect on the players. We all know, as do the players, that missing chances has been costing us for some time but I fail to see how Pep going on about it is doing any good whatsoever.

The players need to feel relaxed when taking a chance not having Peps words ringing in their ears about missing chances.

He may well be the best coach in the world but he sure as hell isn't faultless.

2. Blue Coop

Blue Coop

To be fair, they've missed a ton of chances since he joined.

3. Wrighty Wrexham

Wrighty Wrexham

Yep good point but he cant keep blowing up their arses when they keep missing sitters they are big boys now and strikers need to score Aguero included.

4. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

Football at times is excellent. If we took our chances we'd be fine. The media point to the fact we conceed chances but who doesn't. We give teams hardly any. I think he needs to keep things simple. 4 at the back would make a lot of sense at the moment.

5. cookster

cookster

He's got a strong argument on the finishing that can't be disputed. However he's not completely faultless with team selection and formation.

Clearly he wants an additional forward, if Sanchez is out of reach then slap down the 60-70m on Costa. Horrible creature but would add a different dimension to our play.

6. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

Managing players is as much about managing their egos as anything else. We need our players confident in front of goal and I don't think Peps public utterances are helping.

7. Nascent Blues

Nascent Blues

Personally, I think Pep should come out and slate the refs for the Ebola slime they are. In fact, the club should put £5 million in a bank account and tell Pep that any fines issued by the FArce will be paid from said account. "Fill yer fucking boots Pep and give the ****s both barrels after every match", is what the board should be telling Pep.

8. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Even the best strikers miss chances, the best defenders and keepers can make a mistake, they are all human. But it's not a human error when a winger with no defensive ability is aked to defend then makes one too many mistakes leading to a goal. That is at best a result of stubbornness or possibly an inflated ego.

9. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I don't think it helps, at all.

10. BlueS

BlueS

The atmosphere around the team and the fans is one of pressure, it hasn't got a title winning feeling to the season at this point, but it's early days and things might gel yet, but we are not exactly exuding confidence.