Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Because he thinks we are a small club with no history he doesn't feel under pressure to deliver immediately and has therefore fucked around with formations, players etc.

Hopefully he now understands that there are no third chances at City.

He may be right compared to Barca and Bayern , but he is pretty much calling us a small club here.

One of Pep's weaknesses is he doesn't seem to have much respect for us fans in my opinion.

Constantly calling us out on attendance and sometimes atmosphere if I remember correctly.

It is becoming rather irritating and someone from the club needs to have a word with him about this.

But then, the way our whole PR department is run, it's a completely rudderless ship, no one at the club speaks up for the club or the fans, so I guess no one is going to call Guardiola to task.

He constantly calls United a "Big Club" and they're about to finish 6th and I guarantee they won't be sacking their manager.

Guardiola is trying to deflect from his own short comings this season by constantly inferring were not a big club, we don't have big players and we don't have the fans of a big club. Well, we managed to win 2 league titles in the 3 or 4 years before you got here just fine.

He's a brilliant manager who has seen the season come undone because he's tried to over-complicate things. If we'd stuck to playing 433 with Silva and DeBruyne in the middle for the whole season, not played Bravo, we'd have run Chelsea pretty close.

Because he thinks we are a small club with no history he doesn't feel under pressure to deliver immediately and has therefore fucked around with formations, players etc.

Can you imagine the statement it would make if the club turned round next week and said "you know what Pep. You're right. You HAVE underachieved. Fuck off"

It would be a long time before another manager took the piss again.

Wtf....Why didn't he just say "we are a small time club which i wished I hadn't joined"

Can you imagine the statement it would make if the club turned round next week and said "you know what Pep. You're right. You HAVE underachieved. Fuck off"

It would be a long time before another manager took the piss again.

He hasn't done enough to deserve the bullet but the endless talk about I have learnt, I will be a better manager for the experience, suggests he sees his whole football management career as some sort of self improvement course. Frankly we are paying big bucks to bring in a manger to get the team playing better, not to improve him.

Wtf....Why didn't he just say "we are a small time club which i wished I hadn't joined"

Because that isn't what he meant. What he meant (in my opinion) is that he didn't do as well as he thinks he should have done and that he feels lucky to get the chance to get it right. A chance he probably wouldn't have got at certain clubs who are expected to win their league with relative ease.

Regardless of whether he's right or not. These aren't great things for the manager to be out saying. He's not endeared himself to the supporters the way Bobby did, And whilst he still could, bonding with your fans is vital. Slagging them off and calling the club small does you no favours.

Maybe he should pull his finger out, Stop fannying about and actually try to instil his principles into this side.

I don't see anything wrong in what he said. We are not yet serial contenders in CL or cleaning up domestically. We will be that but we are a way off at the moment. Let him get us sorted and see what comes next.

I've said it numerous times that it's easy street at City for Pep. Khaldoon himself said we have courted him since 2012,he thinks he is doing us all a huge favour being at ickle City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.