Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cadds92, 15 May 2017.

1. ColinLee

ColinLee

The only thing you missed was Yaya being awol for the first 3 months of the season, all things being equal I think he's done well.

2. Metalartin

Metalartin

Wasn't Gundogan fit when most of that was going on? I probably should have mentioned that but there were many who thought he should have gone in the summer to leave room for a replacement(I wonder how different ours and Chelsea's season would have gone if we sold Yaya and bought Kanté?).

Well there's another point two of his signings were injured for long periods(Gundogan and G. Jesus), both of them would have made a massive difference IMO. The only signing looking like a bad one is Bravo which in my book isn't bad going for your first season in charge. On paper it should have worked but as I said Bravo didn't have the youth or determination for a new challenge, it's rare as anything that a manager gets every single signing right every season because things don't pan out like they look on paper all the time in life.

3. edinburgh123

edinburgh123

Caught :-)

4. edinburgh123

edinburgh123

Doesn't mean we have the fourth best defence because only 3 teams let in less. It means we have the 4th best defensive record based on goals conceded - completely different. Logic being we have shat all to do as a defence as the majority of the game is played in the opposition half. I wonder what our record would be if you took opposition possession into account (in other words how many minutes opposition possession per goal) and even then it doesn't take into account where the ball is during that possession time

5. arfurclue

arfurclue

But that is part of the defensive method too, isn't it?

6. domalino

domalino

Hahaha this comment is gold.

What is the purpose of defending? To keep the ball out of your own net.

If you concede 0 goals all season and achieve that by 100% possession, you still have the best defence.

7. Pablo ZZZ Peroni

Pablo ZZZ Peroni

HaHa

8. sir baconface

sir baconface

FOC and bar
    Had to put my foot down, m'lud, as I needed a shit
    Back on topic, I welcomed the comment as I sometimes find him a bit aloof. This was more humble.

9. GaudinoMotors

GaudinoMotors

Embezzler
    Unlucky mate - the statos will ridicule it. Why believe your own eyes?

10. domalino

domalino

Oh god, please tell me you're not agreeing with him?