Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

I disagree that this season has been worse than last season. Too much emphasis is being placed on winning a domestic cup for that to be considered.

2016/17 Finished 3rd in PL, 78 Pts Total, Goal Difference +41
2015/16 Finished 4th in PL, 66 Pts Total, Goal Difference +30

That's a suitable improvement on last season, despite the hyperbole that we had a shit defence and struggled to score. Include the overall age, progress and potential of our recent/new inclusions and there's plenty to be cheerful about for next season. I'd much rather be where we are at the end of this season than where we were at the end of last. Don't fall into the trap that winning a domestic cup is a foundation for a bright future. Just look towards the rags if you need any confirmation of that.
I rated this season as a 6 last season would of been a 7 in my book. Both season we've finished 15 points behind the winner, won a cup last season and CL semi's so yeah last season was a little better in my opinion.
Saying that I am very optimistic for next season though.

In respect to him saying he would be sacked at Bayern/Barca.......
Pep said himself that we aren't at the level of Bayern/Barca as they expect to win and don't accept anything less..... the fact he hasn't been sacked simply proves his point.
We would have had a better season if he hadn't given himself the choice of two keepers Willy/Bravo who we couldn't give away to another prem club... and a mf (good player but) who has had previous long term injuries... and amazingly got crocked again.
Also 'clone of Navas' turned out to be a poor replica of Navas.... although I don't think that one mattered as neither really got a look in.
Sane on the plus side.... will be/is an exceptional player.

Don't give a shit about Barca or German rags but next season if pep don't win the league or uefa than he should be sacked .
No more excuses next season.

Is his biographer doing a book about his first season at City? Will be interesting to know in detail what for example happened in that first half in Monaco.
Back on topic, Pep should probably ease up on the "City is decades behind the big clubs" talk and concentrate on his job.

Don't give a shit about Barca or German rags but next season if pep don't win the league or uefa than he should be sacked .
No more excuses next season.
How do you know what teams Chelsea and Spurs will start with? And the gap to them is significant.

Probably speak on behalf of all city fans, I desperately want us to win the prem next season. Questions will be asked if we don't.
We'restarting quite a long way behind Chelsea and Spurs. I want to see City react, and make a best effort. But you can't go beyond that

Chelsea started quite a long way behind us last season.
Chelsea played way below their potential in Mourinho's final season. different situation. city probably achieved as much as we could in the circumstances. You can't win a title without a top keeper, and quality full backs. We might have gone a lot closer had jesus and kompany been available. They make a big difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.