Pep's contract situation

You don't have to believe everything he says. 2011-12 side was a work in progress with lots of new ideas being implemented, I still rewatch some of their games and see it as an (yet) unreachable benchmark. It's an open secret that Pep has left due to the Board. He couldn't bear the rats who marked the start of their tenure by stripping off honorary presidency from Cruyff.

You also forgot to add that Bayern refused to get Pep 'his' players (Thiago being an exception) and sold Kroos. Buying Vidal against his will was probably the last straw.

I honestly think that dealing with the boards was the main challenge in both clubs, he doesn't seem to have such obstacle here. He'll stay for a long time, the only other high-profile club suiting him is Barca after all. I would go even farther and say that in ideal case Pep would enhance his influence over youth teams and wait for the academy products to ripe - the luxury his teacher was denied. Cruyff needed to wait 20 years (1988-2008) to see his La Masia conquering the world, so would Pep. Guardiola is not a lone revolutionary as it's sometimes represented by media, he steadily develops the concept of his teacher. This concept needs time and patience, and who bar City can provide a background for such mammoth work right now?

About the first - that is what he always told. There might have been more reasons but when you see how intense he works he might be right.

The board was not the problem at Bayern - especially as Hoeneß came back with whom he is big friends. And he and Reschke - the guy who manages the transfers - only talk big from each other. Bayern has a special philosophy with players - but I somehow have the feeling that Pep and Bayern weren't far from each other when it meant players. That was not the problem. Do not forget that Thiago was on the bench a lot in his last season and Vidal played.

Just look at his recent signings and their age.
His intention is clearly to build a team that will last a whole generation.
He looks committed long term and has often suggested in interviews that he may stay longer.
Makes every bit of sense.

I've seen posts on this forum, this year refer to Pep as a "clown", a "fraud". It hardly needs saying that these posters are either brain-dead, or people posing as blues.
If this happens, believe it, it will be the most important signing of the summer window.

I'm sure I'm adding two plus two and getting 13 here but does anyone else think it's a bit fishy that Barca have only given their new manager a two year deal? Coupled with news we're trying to tie Pep down to a longer deal and Puyol was with him at our academy the other day... could there be moves by Barca to try and bring Pep back? I know he doesn't get on with the current Chairman and it's unlikely he'd return - he's said it himself - but...

Thoughts?

I'm sure I'm adding two plus two and getting 13 here but does anyone else think it's a bit fishy that Barca have only given their new manager a two year deal? Coupled with news we're trying to tie Pep down to a longer deal and Puyol was with him at our academy the other day... could there be moves by Barca to try and bring Pep back? I know he doesn't get on with the current Chairman and it's unlikely he'd return - he's said it himself - but...

Thoughts?

No chance on this earth he ever goes back there.
That job is a killer. Pep himself said the stress and volume of work the manager entails at that club is far too much to do again, particularly for an ex-player
He has had his time there and he won't ever want to run the risk of tainting that, or having to go through the stress he had there.
His time with Barcelona in a playing and coaching capacity is over, so I wouldn't ever worry. Plus, he is not going to plan this out and sell us out for a role at Barca in 2 years, when we are giving him absolute authority and power at the greatest academy in the world, with him buying 5/6 under 22 year olds to develop for the future is he?
The reason the new Barca manager has a short contract probably says more about their club, and the confidence they have appointing a man who has already managed 5 different clubs in that league, let alone also managing Olympiakos in the past, hardly a glittering CV is it?

Not deserved on what we've seen so far.a season of underachievement ,highlighted by the loss to Monaco( really disappointing) and to a lesser extent the fa cup defeat to arsenal where we were unlucky. The goalkeeping fiasco was nothing short of a piss take. I agree some of our football ws fantastic ,but by no means all of it was. Next season needs to be a damn site better and judging by our summer signings and targets it will be.

Liam Gallagher wants him sacked if he doesn't win a trophy this year, thanks for your knowledge Liam

Liam Gallagher wants him sacked if he doesn't win a trophy this year, thanks for your knowledge Liam
What does Liam Galager know about football. Nothing.
Stick to your singing Liam, in fact no don't bother.

I'm sure he will pictured with pep after we win the double. His brother is one with the football brain in that family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.