Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

I want to go to either the Celtic or Barca game, maybe both, but I'm not a ST holder or Cityzen. Am I right in thinking I now can't go? What bullshit.

why not ? fa cup games are charged around that price 10-20 quid. 3 group games at a tenner each and then increase the prices each round. i paid 17.50 against bmg which was fantastic. just trying to think of different ways of getting the stadium packed out and rocking, like the hamburg game.

That just shows the price makes no difference, £17.50 for BMG = 30k attendance, £60+ for PSG = sold out. I think there is far more to it than the price.

That just shows the price makes no difference, £17.50 for BMG = 30k attendance, £60+ for PSG = sold out. I think there is far more to it than the price.

theres a bit of a difference between the first game and a quarter final, there was outrage at the psg prices swell, the next game against madrid was cheaper. there is more to it, but for group games alone, we are struggling to sell out. my idea is make it cheaper and we might get the ground more full, charging more though as suggested isn't going to help that. it might not make a difference tbf but i can't see the harm in it.

So Pep wants to fill the empty seats, not boo the anthem and don't leave early.......worth a bet what are the odds?

You're not wrong but you're thinking about it from existing fans' perspective. You can't force people who already have season tickets to attend games, particularly midweek ones, but what you can do is try to attract new fans. We know we don't have the level of demand that clubs like Liverpool or the rags have (and even they don't sell out some games) so we have to work a bit harder to fill the stadium.

Cheap tickets that are quick & easy to buy, free tickets to local schools and colleges, ticket booths in town or places like Bury Market or even Post Offices. There are so many kids supporting City these days that we have to capitalise on.

People will attend once then they'll come again if they like it. They'll maybe start to come to 3 or 4 games a season, then they may even get season tickets.

When Soriano ran Spaniards, I wonder if he said "I don't think this flight will sell very well so I'll shut the back half of the plane"? Or did he say" Right, let's drop prices and do some promotions"?
Didn't he bankrupt Spanair?

theres a bit of a difference between the first game and a quarter final, there was outrage at the psg prices swell, the next game against madrid was cheaper. there is more to it, but for group games alone, we are struggling to sell out. my idea is make it cheaper and we might get the ground more full, charging more though as suggested isn't going to help that. it might not make a difference tbf but i can't see the harm in it.

That PSG pricing pissed me off that much I jacked the CL scheme this season. Maybe a few others did as well.

What City need to do is to stop charging for the Cityizens card. *£35* How much money does it actually bring in? Peanuts! Instead offer non season ticket holders a free Cityizens card, with or without the perks. And offer all Cityizen card holders the chance to buy 1 or 2 match tickets after season ticket holders. Tickets would soon sell out. Or at least shift. People/City fans do not want to pay £35 before havping to fork out for match tickets as well.

And as I've stated on numerous occasions, along with other's on here, when City start makling it easier for fans to buy match tickets, a clearer OS ticket site, and more ticket outlets in the city centre and around Manchester, then more people will buy tickets, as they will be easier to buy.

City might be going places on the pitch, financially, hospitality wise, the matchday experience, and via social media, but the way they sell ticket's hasn't improved or moved on much.

A radical rethink and shake up of the whole ticket department/office and process of buying tickets needs a complete overhaul.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.