Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

I think the booing has been very effective and has struck a nerve with uefa and they don't want it to escalate, to more and more clubs.
I don't think Pep specifically asked for it to stop, but he very strongly hinted that anything that brings negativity towards the team is unhelpful.
I think something has been said at boardroom level (I'm just surmising) and Pep was the one to put the message across.

I think Pep is all about positivity in attitude and it is not just that he has come from the other side of the uefa top table.
Samuel is right that he has been on the privileged side of things with the clubs he has been at up until now, but I don't see anything in him other than total positivity for the team he is currently with.

I don't have a problem with people booing, as I said it is obviously bugging them, but for that kind of protest to still be effective I agree with those that say you need a full house there before the game ready to give a 30 seconds solid chorus of booing. It then has to be followed by a rousing non stop support for the team that leaves nobody in the media in any doubt that we are behind Pep/The Team/The Club.. Pep wants a positive atmosphere for the team to feed off. You can have both, a lambasting of uefa and a CTID attitude coming across from the stands.

The last thing you want is a half hearted protest that may split the crowd and dilute the atmosphere.
There are alternatives to booing as others have stated. Whatever is done it has to be unanimous amongst the crowd. If you were to choose a City anthem to drown out the uefa dirge, I'd choose something that is very forcefully showing the backing of the club. I think 'We are City of Maine Road' would show that we have been around for longer than this Champions League of theirs and we'll be there when their corrupt organisation falls apart.
Great post.

Hot topic for other supporters.

Er...for anyone who hasn't opened this, i'd give it a miss and rescue a few minutes of your life .2 scousers, a rag and someone else discussing City's crowds. Apparently Sergio was in Manchester City centre giving away free tickets before the league cup semi final with Everton. Apparently we've built the stadium without having the demand which is analogous to someone who decides to get fit and goes out and buys all the top gear before starting.

Oh, and our sell-outs in the league aren't mentioned

We'll, if it makes them happy...

Hot topic for other supporters.

The Internet and social media is overflowing with such crap about our attendances, I don't agree with posting it on here. As Maggie would say, don't give them the oxygen they crave for.

What City need to do is to stop charging for the Cityizens card. *£35* How much money does it actually bring in? Peanuts! Instead offer non season ticket holders a free Cityizens card, with or without the perks. And offer all Cityizen card holders the chance to buy 1 or 2 match tickets after season ticket holders. Tickets would soon sell out. Or at least shift. People/City fans do not want to pay £35 before havping to fork out for match tickets as well.

And as I've stated on numerous occasions, along with other's on here, when City start makling it easier for fans to buy match tickets, a clearer OS ticket site, and more ticket outlets in the city centre and around Manchester, then more people will buy tickets, as they will be easier to buy.

City might be going places on the pitch, financially, hospitality wise, the matchday experience, and via social media, but the way they sell ticket's hasn't improved or moved on much.

A radical rethink and shake up of the whole ticket department/office and process of buying tickets needs a complete overhaul.
It's an absolute disgrace to charge people £35 for the right to buy a ticket. I also think it's a disgrace to charge £100 to go on the waiting list for a season ticket. Nothing but greed.

It's an absolute disgrace to charge people £35 for the right to buy a ticket. I also think it's a disgrace to charge £100 to go on the waiting list for a season ticket. Nothing but greed.
You get 10% discount at the shop with the Cityzen card, priority with tickets. You could still argue it's over priced though but not that much? With regards to the £100 you do actually get this back if you come off the list without buying a seasoncard or gets knocked off the cost. I did this with my son who has now moved away. Got my £100 back immediately. So it isn't a cost for being on the list.

yes agreed,, £35 is as much as the product your buying 'if its a one off' no difference than booking a holiday for £300 and paying a £300 surcharge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.