Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

At the time we pay for our season ticket renewal why not offer a £100 cup season ticket.

For that you get 3 home European games
1st home EFL game
1st home FA Cup game

If we get knocked out of an EFL Cup before playing a home game it can role over to a 2nd FA Cup home game, or get a discount off latter stage european ties.

I'd be much more inclined to purchase a cup season ticket in the summer than try to find the cash each time a home fixture comes up.

How are ticket sales coming along for the Celtic game?
I'd be very surprised if that isn't a complete sell-out. Would think it'd be snapped up quick unless I really am underestimating how much some City fans hate EUFA.
I think charging for membership is a missed opportunity. Those that can't afford or don't want to are off the radar. You can't really promote stuff to them, you're not doing anything to bring them closer to the club.

We talk about becoming a cityzen to be a part of the club. What does that make the thousands of blues that arent cityzens?
Wish they'd just call it Citizens. 'Cityzens' has started seeping into use where 'Citizens' should be used. Considering we're trying to build a global fanbase through that doesn't make sense to make the English language harder for 'em.

Spurs fan not trying to start a fight, just providing insight on our situation.

£40 quid a year for membership and has been for the past 5 yrs+ - an extra £10 a year for Bronze membership putting you on the Season ticket waiting list (and a days priority for booking tickets) 20,000+ on the Bronze meaning paying £50 for chance to buy tickets - none of this is refundable although you do get a birthday card and a pin if you are lucky.

Pretty sure West ham have a similar membership for buying tickets.

If you take a break of a year (had a baby) then you lose all and any priority points you built up if you rejoin.

Wish they'd just call it Citizens. 'Cityzens' has started seeping into use where 'Citizens' should be used. Considering we're trying to build a global fanbase through that doesn't make sense to make the English language harder for 'em.

Ha ha, Cityzens is a horrible name.

If it was me, I'd scrap it all together and name the membership each year after a legend of the club. You could have events/promotions involving that player, and the season could be about celebrating his achievements with the club. You could even have different tiers of membership (including a free one) and name them each after a different legend. The following year find some more figures from the past and celebrate their City careers.

Spurs fan not trying to start a fight, just providing insight on our situation.

£40 quid a year for membership and has been for the past 5 yrs+ - an extra £10 a year for Bronze membership putting you on the Season ticket waiting list (and a days priority for booking tickets) 20,000+ on the Bronze meaning paying £50 for chance to buy tickets - none of this is refundable although you do get a birthday card and a pin if you are lucky.

Pretty sure West ham have a similar membership for buying tickets.

If you take a break of a year (had a baby) then you lose all and any priority points you built up if you rejoin.
London clubs have an advantage supporter wise because of the scale of London and the wealth there.

When I first started supporting City we were one of the best supported clubs in the country. Teams like Fulham had Citizen Smith and a dog. When they were in the Premiership a couple of seasons ago, they'd get 20,000 tourists at Craven Cottage and were talking about expanding the ground.

City sold ouo t the Barcelona game 5 weeks before KO. Our next home game is against Everton in a fortnight & there are only single seats left now.

If it was me, I'd scrap it all together and name the membership each year after a legend of the club. You could have events/promotions involving that player, and the season could be about celebrating his achievements with the club. You could even have different tiers of membership (including a free one) and name them each after a different legend. The following year find some more figures from the past and celebrate their City careers.

Careful. That bellend who 'won' the Cityzens job has already copied and pasted this into his ideas journal for his next appraisal with the suits.

London clubs have an advantage supporter wise because of the scale of London and the wealth there.

When I first started supporting City we were one of the best supported clubs in the country. Teams like Fulham had Citizen Smith and a dog. When they were in the Premiership a couple of seasons ago, they'd get 20,000 tourists at Craven Cottage and were talking about expanding the ground.

City sold ouo t the Barcelona game 5 weeks before KO. Our next home game is against Everton in a fortnight & there are only single seats left now.

cool was just commenting on the membership fee situation not support levels in general. It is a crock of shit but one that is also effecting other clubs, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if your lot took a look at our setup and decided they wanted a bit of that. Don't know if you have StubHub yet buts that's a whole new insult. Sell a ticket for £500 outside the ground get done for touting, make sure you give he club a cut online and that's all good.

Yes its not good for all fans these days. We should have 100k stadiums and £20 a ticket, Adult £5 kids. i sort of agree that you should have to register, but this should be free. Any known terrorists should be being watched in any case, both physically and electronically. Airport type scanners could be introduced if necessary.

As far I I know you can, when they go on general sale you can just buy a ticket, you need to register and get a support number but that's all you don't need to pay £35 for citizen card. That's what my daughter does.
I didn't think that was the case for Champions League games I thought they were only for Cityzen members and as for League games(less important since there's not many spare I guess):

Everton Match Ticket Information said:
Tickets for this match are on General Sale only to supporters who have previously purchased and attended a home match at the Etihad Stadium. Tickets are restricted to a maximum of four (4) per supporter.

I do think it seems over complicated and unclear personally nobody seems totally sure even on here god knows what the general population make of it.

Last edited:
I did have a season ticket for many years but due to circumstances I had to let it go. I now have a Cityzens card. I can understand the reasoning for the £35 charge as at gives security to the club as to who buys tickets. If say, they ran a free membership scheme away fans could register and get tickets, who would want, say, raggys getting hold of tickets away from their section? Also you need to make only 7 home games in a season for the ticket to pay for itself. Also a couple of purchases in the shop and your are well in front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.