Pep's contract situation | Expected to leave at the end of next season according to Jack Gaughan (p1332)

I think he will stay around for the Club World Cup next year. I’m sure he’d like his name on the inaugural trophy. After that is anyone’s guess: I think he’ll manage England, maybe after a year long sabbatical.

I think he will stay around for the Club World Cup next year. I’m sure he’d like his name on the inaugural trophy. After that is anyone’s guess: I think he’ll manage England, maybe after a year long sabbatical.
We have player contracts ending during the CWC, wonder if JG's is the same as the standard player ones ending in June or if they did it to the end of July to accommodate the CWC, although qualification would not be confirmed when he did it.

I'm not 100% the CWC goes ahead. It is the final straw and can see player revolt.

I can see him staying if/when we are exonerated of the charges bollox. If he decides to go he’ll have to build a new legacy elsewhere and that takes time and considerable effort on his part. When you reach your 50’s you morph into a different mindset about the world of work. You are more likely to be happy in your current role doing what you know with people you know especially when you know you can do it well. You’re only likely to want to leave your workplace if you are having to deal with buffoons in top management or bone-idle knobheads in the workforce. Pep won’t be encountering either at City. We’ve broken Liverpool and as far as I can see it’s going to be Arsenal as the only team to beat again for us to add to our vast trophy haul. It’s getting easier!

Why would he go?

Everyone talks about the job after. Pep says Klopp, Moyes & all these others need to work so why wouldn’t he just carry on? No one expected the Piss Can to manage another club so it’s the media who can’t believe he came to us, can’t believe he’s still here. Hes conquered Spain, Germany & Europe, his kids have grown up so why go?

He’ll do 10 & reassess & probably do another 2 after that.

well I was thinking on potential successors, but lets be honest it will be a downgrade short term for sure, and also very unlikely whoever takes over will do more than 3/4 seasons and less if he doesnt hit the ground running.

quite rare for a manager these days to do 8/9 years at one top club, Klopp and Pep re both rare in this sense.(nd Simeone)
looking around at like top 4/5 clubs of the top leagues, even rare someone does 3 full seasons these days. even the ones winning titles arent sticking around.

attractive style of play should be a basic criteria for any new manager, but within that ability to manage big egos, serial winners, be able to manage pressure of PL and CL later stages, maybe have experience of already winning top league somewhere.
CL winner experience probably wont be needed as that cuts down the pool to mainly unrealistic options (Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti, Tuchel, Zidane etc)

Xabi Alonso's work is very impressive so far, but all signs seem to say he is Real bound.
there are some other young ones like upcoming Stuttgart coach, or the Ipswich coach, even our former assistant Leicester coach, but they could be million miles away from doing a great job at City's level despite the great job of what they do much lower level.
Kompany can be added to list category maybe but this relegation was so naive of him even if it was kind of expected anyway. dont think he did great with his transfer kitty overall even tho he was able to spend quite nice sum as a promoted side.

Nagelsmann was one to look out for imo with lots of potential, but his recent extension with national team is a bit of a surprise. failing to to do well in the Euros played in Germany will also not help him if it happens. albeit still a crazy decision to fire him from Bayern when they were on track to do a treble actually. was almost as stupid as if we fired Pep like February 2023. karma kind of got back at Bayern for that imo with the recent manager search which turned into a rocky horror show for them.

I really dont want to go with the likes of Emery, Pochettino, Tuchel, Lopetegui , De Zerbi, Inzaghi, Luis Enrique etc. all of them could be good,decent managers but not for City imo.

is there maybe another bald mediocre coach in the dutch league? :)
act quick before Chelsea hires him.

considering all this, we need to put down a 5-year extension front of Pep and he has to sign it.

well I was thinking on potential successors, but lets be honest it will be a downgrade short term for sure, and also very unlikely whoever takes over will do more than 3/4 seasons and less if he doesnt hit the ground running.

quite rare for a manager these days to do 8/9 years at one top club, Klopp and Pep re both rare in this sense.(nd Simeone)
looking around at like top 4/5 clubs of the top leagues, even rare someone does 3 full seasons these days. even the ones winning titles arent sticking around.

attractive style of play should be a basic criteria for any new manager, but within that ability to manage big egos, serial winners, be able to manage pressure of PL and CL later stages, maybe have experience of already winning top league somewhere.
CL winner experience probably wont be needed as that cuts down the pool to mainly unrealistic options (Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti, Tuchel, Zidane etc)

Xabi Alonso's work is very impressive so far, but all signs seem to say he is Real bound.
there are some other young ones like upcoming Stuttgart coach, or the Ipswich coach, even our former assistant Leicester coach, but they could be million miles away from doing a great job at City's level despite the great job of what they do much lower level.
Kompany can be added to list category maybe but this relegation was so naive of him even if it was kind of expected anyway. dont think he did great with his transfer kitty overall even tho he was able to spend quite nice sum as a promoted side.

Nagelsmann was one to look out for imo with lots of potential, but his recent extension with national team is a bit of a surprise. failing to to do well in the Euros played in Germany will also not help him if it happens. albeit still a crazy decision to fire him from Bayern when they were on track to do a treble actually. was almost as stupid as if we fired Pep like February 2023. karma kind of got back at Bayern for that imo with the recent manager search which turned into a rocky horror show for them.

I really dont want to go with the likes of Emery, Pochettino, Tuchel, Lopetegui , De Zerbi, Inzaghi, Luis Enrique etc. all of them could be good,decent managers but not for City imo.

is there maybe another bald mediocre coach in the dutch league? :)
act quick before Chelsea hires him.

considering all this, we need to put down a 5-year extension front of Pep and he has to sign it.

If the bloke at Bournemouth has another good season next year he be on the list I'd expect!

Eeeeh…look who’se popped up on this thread spouting his usual poison/negativity..the one and only cu”t face wum we’ve grown to love.
Can you at least tell us who you support?
He will never tell us who he supports , it is obvious he is not a blue , really slack allowing long term wums on here recently

He will never tell us who he supports , it is obvious he is not a blue , really slack allowing long term wums on here recently

It's like negative X posts about city get loads of interactions! Having someone post shite on here keeps the forum going! I call them post generators! Used to respond to them way to much now I rarely if ever do..

No I think the Irish national team only putting John O’Shea in a temporary management position speaks volumes.
The FAI are obviously holding out for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.