Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

I liked it when he said they have permission to be awful but they don't have permission not to run.i think that's one of the real big differences ive noticed in that even if were not fully on it we still work our bollocks off

The questions are identical every fucking press conference. We really do have a media with IQs of dung beetles.

Not one question about tactics. While Pep goes out of his way on his own to explain the tactical details. It was such an interesting game in terms of the new ideas Pep tested in this game.

Its so clear the media pimps here hv no interest in stupid things like tactics & neither do they understand the details.

And also, even after Sterling's incredible performances so far, no broadcasting journos want to give him credit. All they can muster is "Pep, he came under lot of criticism last season. This season though...... (they go balnk here, intentionally dont want to praise him, almost as if a good critique is not correct). Pep, it looks like his confidence his back?"

Seriously, this is all u can say abt the KID, after the shameless campaign against him all of last year! Imagine if any of the Liverpool or United players were having the season Raz is having (not just in statistics, but important difference maker in the pitch). The praise would be nauseating. They would hv even declared the guy better than Messi.

Its not so hard pimps. Yes he plays for City. But he is also England national team player fffs!!!

Not one question about tactics. While Pep goes out of his way on his own to explain the tactical details. It was such an interesting game in terms of the new ideas Pep tested in this game.

Its so clear the media pimps here hv no interest in stupid things like tactics & neither do they understand the details.

And also, even after Sterling's incredible performances so far, no broadcasting journos want to give him credit. All they can muster is "Pep, he came under lot of criticism last season. This season though...... (they go balnk here, intentionally dont want to praise him, almost as if a good critique is not correct). Pep, it looks like his confidence his back?"

Seriously, this is all u can say abt the KID, after the shameless campaign against him all of last year! Imagine if any of the Liverpool or United players were having the season Raz is having (not just in statistics, but important difference maker in the pitch). The praise would be nauseating. They would hv even declared the guy better than Messi.

Its not so hard pimps. Yes he plays for City. But he is also England national team player fffs!!!

You're spot on about the questions. It's more tabloid shite as opposed to actual sports journalism. They don't ask tactics questions cos they don't have a fucking clue. It's such a sorry state of affairs. Imagine if we had a publication that actually reported on the sport from a purely technical / theoretic perspective and judged each game on its merits as opposed pandering to the great unwashed with stories on how much players earn and what they bought their mum. It's really fucking shit the more you think about it.

I can't work it out what he thought of this whole Kompany saga, but quite clearly he's not happy with the situation. I think he's upset with Vinny's judgement that he wanted to go on and play the whole game, but maybe he's upset with himself as well.

If you listen carefully at the start and end of the last press conference, prior to the EFL game, you can hear (presumably) a Press Officer inform the media at the start that 'we'll do the embargo which is Friday 10:30' at the end. He then announces later that 'we're in the embargo now which is for 10:30 on Friday'. Guardiola still looks as if he is waiting to field more questions as the video ends- it's on page 30 here.

I take it that this means the media are free to ask questions but that any answers cannot be reported until after the set deadline. Doing so indicates that we'll take questions in advance of a particular game but will not be doing press conferences later in the week, in this case I suppose because we've upped sticks and moved to Wales for the week.

Given the inanity of the questioning and the ennui stretched over Guardiola's face, I imagine we'll use the 'embargo' ploy whenever we can.

Could have this all wrong, but that's how I interpret it.

The embargoed content is for the written media. When all the cameras have left the written press have an exclusive session which they cannot print till that time.

The embargoed content is for the written media. When all the cameras have left the written press have an exclusive session which they cannot print till that time.

Thanks, hadn't realised that. There seemed to be extra video footage from that point that appeared later in the week, so presumably someone is filming it as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.