Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

Extremely impressive.
Is there a concern that he gives too much information?
Not at all. The only thing he said in that press conference that we didn't already know ourselves is that he prefers De Bruyne on the outside, not in the middle. This I didn't know. But everything else is stuff that the whole world knows about Pep's philosophy. Seriously, if WE know it, you don't seriously think premier league clubs don't, do you?

Talking in the third person usually refers to a person saying their own name e.g. Pep doesn't talk about other clubs players, or Pep thinks City have great players. If Pep talked that way, that would be in the third person, not "we" which is collective, but not objectively the third person, as well as that I think you are just guessing anyway, which is facile, i.e. a simplistic view of a complex scenario.

You're right, we is the collective, but the collective is not we the fans, or even we the club, the we refers to his trusted team, not the players. We the fans are going to experience the Pep effect. For all his easy going charm he's a very focused guy, it's going to be his way and his way only. This guy is not warm and fuzzy, he's going to win trophies and the players that get onside are going to win them for him and we're going to enjoy watching him do it.

I'm sure the fans said that at Bayern.

I'm really excited at Pep being at City, but have you not noticed how he talks in the third person all the time? "We this" and "We that" and when he talks about "we" it's not City he's referring to, doesn't sound like a man putting down roots to me. Nothing Pep has done before and nothing he's said here would lead anyone other than the starry eyed to think he'll stay longer than three years.

Peps is his own man and things are going to be exciting that can be said with some certainty, as for the rest, it's anyone's guess.

Not terribly relevant but using 'we' isn't talking in the 3rd person but in the first person (plural).

No idea how long he'll stay but I would have thought that using 'we' was a sign that he identifies with the club in some way and I wouldn't see it as a negative sign. Although I doubt it, maybe at the end of 3 years we'll all want rid of him!

You're right, we is the collective, but the collective is not we the fans, or even we the club, the we refers to his trusted team, not the players. We the fans are going to experience the Pep effect. For all his easy going charm he's a very focused guy, it's going to his way and his way only. This guy is not warm and fuzzy, he's going to win trophies and the players that get onside are going to win them for him and we're going to enjoy watching him do it.
Now I like that last bit :)

Big thing from that for me was an effective confirmation that our midfield will be Fernandinho, Gundogan and Silva. "De Bruyne can play inside, but I prefer him playing outside". So Kev is predominantly competing with Nolito, Sterling and Sané?? We need another central midfielder if that's the case. Very interesting press conference that one!

I did not pick up on that, although he mentions about players being adaptable.

Seems to want rid of players but the contracts are making it hard. Although he seems to think it could prove ok in the long run as yet to experience it but seems aware that the PL is tough going!!

He also seems all about the performance and not just the result!

I'm in the minority and think 3 years and he is off, that certainly seems to be his plan at the moment and that's fair enough!

However if he is successful, our owner must surely be a hard man to say no if he definitely wants to keep him!!

I'm sure the fans said that at Bayern.

I'm really excited at Pep being at City, but have you not noticed how he talks in the third person all the time? "We this" and "We that" and when he talks about "we" it's not City he's referring to, doesn't sound like a man putting down roots to me. Nothing Pep has done before and nothing he's said here would lead anyone other than the starry eyed to think he'll stay longer than three years.

Peps is his own man and things are going to be exciting that can be said with some certainty, as for the rest, it's anyone's guess.

Didn't he say something recently that hinted the three year thing will be constantly looked at? I may be wrong and I don't have a quote so for now it's just in my limited memory.

But I'm sure he was questioned on the three year contract and said something along the lines of its normal for managers to get three years initially and an extension will be discussed in future.

Does anyone else remember this or have I gone love drunk towards the man?

British press are fucking useless, same question asked in 3 different ways, plus love the Romanian press calling him Mr. Guardiola instead of Pep. Utmost respect from them unlike our spineless cunts.

Just listened again, is that one of the Cuntish brothers with the comment about Hart "used to be England's number 1"?

That guy should be fucked off the rag loving twat!!

Thought the same myself so had to llisten a couple of times to be sure. Almost as bad as when in a another presser the twats reeled of a list of clubs successes and said Manchester Uni.... then corrected.

Not at all. The only thing he said in that press conference that we didn't already know ourselves is that he prefers De Bruyne on the outside, not in the middle. This I didn't know. But everything else is stuff that the whole world knows about Pep's philosophy. Seriously, if WE know it, you don't seriously think premier league clubs don't, do you?

It was a bit like Pep Confidential brought to life so at least he is consistent. So, yeah, only the KDB stuff was at all revelatory. However, Pep's passion and intensity are great to behold when he is talking about our club. He ain't half a fidget tough.

Great pity that the English media are so inane.

Far too soon to be worrying about or speculating how long Pep will stay but he does seem genuinely delighted with the response of the players.

Thanks for posting this, I can actually hear what he is saying!

The sound quality on the videos on the official site is absolutely pathetic, I can never hear a thing, does anyone else have the same problem?
the official site is a car crash at present.i used to love it, now i can,t cope with it.
sort it out City.

I access the OS on my Mac at home and i think its great on that platform. Tried it on my phone and it sucks. My tablet its OK.
Is their a specific app to use in association with the site on android and apple? Not sure if that might be the issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.