Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

I'm impressed that every time someone mentions Joe Hart he doesn't roll his eyes. The man has way more patience than I. I want to storm out of the conference for him.

I did not pick up on that, although he mentions about players being adaptable.

Seems to want rid of players but the contracts are making it hard. Although he seems to think it could prove ok in the long run as yet to experience it but seems aware that the PL is tough going!!

He also seems all about the performance and not just the result!

I'm in the minority and think 3 years and he is off, that certainly seems to be his plan at the moment and that's fair enough!

However if he is successful, our owner must surely be a hard man to say no if he definitely wants to keep him!!

If this is the case then the whole thing is a waste of time, I reckon he will be with us for at least 10 years.

If this is the case then the whole thing is a waste of time, I reckon he will be with us for at least 10 years.
You really seem to maintain a consistent level of ridiculousness with your posts.

when asked when Sagna would be back our Pep says,maybe after the international break..in the trafford.
surely the appropriate way to refer to trafford rangers,with the least amount of respect..this manager is the bees knees.

Most interesting thing was that we spent most of pre season preparing for the game in Romania and not Stoke/Subderland. Could indicate how we'll approach training/resting players later on in the season, with priority likely given to the champions leagues games over the prem.

Talking in the third person usually refers to a person saying their own name e.g. Pep doesn't talk about other clubs players, or Pep thinks City have great players. If Pep talked that way, that would be in the third person, not "we" which is collective, but not objectively the third person, as well as that I think you are just guessing anyway, which is facile, i.e. a simplistic view of a complex scenario.

We is the 1st person plural.

It's great that he is using it. He is not separating himself from City, he is including himself as part of City. It's similar to saying 'us'.

I like you

Right back at ya

Some, not all, will really grow to admire the person and aspire to his ideals & how he carries himself - a lot of integrity. He's tough but honest and sees the game in a positive way, never forgetting it's a game and to entertain the fans. I think he wants to win the English admiration but only doing it his way. Apart from the handful of players he has coached who found themselves in Hart's position, his ex players all speak with reverence about the coach & person

Custis had a cheek going on about the importance of England's number 1. Maybe if Custis is so concerned about England's number 1 he might share similar concern for Sterling who the Sun have shamefully hounded for 12 months plus. I presume he was supportive of Hart after the Euros?

He doesn't half fidget. I thought he was trying to dislocate his fingers at one point.

Why is his comment that Hart "has a chance to play" being reported as "Hart is likely to start"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.