Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

It took a non British journo to ask a question about the game on Sunday just before the end of the presser, sums up the state of our football media.

"It's the first time in my career as a manager when I feel that now is the moment you have to see yourself like a manager. That's the first time. For the other ones, I was so lucky managing and training big clubs. Now is the first time I want to help the team so people say 'Wow, Pep could do that again at a team in England and at Manchester City'. I love this club and want to be here for a long, long time."

"It's the first time in my career as a manager when I feel that now is the moment you have to see yourself like a manager. That's the first time. For the other ones, I was so lucky managing and training big clubs. Now is the first time I want to help the team so people say 'Wow, Pep could do that again at a team in England and at Manchester City'. I love this club and want to be here for a long, long time."
We've got, Gaurdiola!!!

players i want to go in order.
Bony,
Bravo,
Clichy,
Sagna,
Navas,
Nasri,
Kolarov
this are a must

the players that might have to go or could go.
Hart,
Zabaletta,
Kompany,
Otamendi,
Mangala,
Angelino,
Delph,
Toure,
Nolito,

Saying on SSN that there won't be a mass clearout in the summer. It just isn't possible, according to him. No team has the money to get rid of 12 out of contract players and bring in 12 new faces.

We dont actually need to get rid of all of them. For example we dont need to get rid of all four full backs. Two could stay as back ups provided we brought in two top class first choices. Kolarov could cover LB & CB so really should stay, just not as a regular starter.

I think we should focus on identifying a new GK, CB, 2 x FB's and and a pivot. Once we're confident that we can bring them in, we can then make decisions on how many players we can release.

Pep looked more relaxed in the press conference than he usually does after a bad defeat. Almost as if he's relieved that he no longer has to maintain the pretence that we might win the PL or CL.

I always find talk about a mass clearout to be a bit ridiculous. I dont think it works as easy as that. Building a team isnt just buying new players, and Pep is always banging on about these players learning, he's obviously creating a team spirit in the dressing room and that's a delicate thing to do, not done by getting rid of half the squad, breaking up loads of friendships creating discord and having to start the whole process again.

The press conf was intersting, more open than usual, I wonder if that is Peps style to be a bit more accomodating after a fuck up game.

I always find talk about a mass clearout to be a bit ridiculous. I dont think it works as easy as that. Building a team isnt just buying new players, and Pep is always banging on about these players learning, he's obviously creating a team spirit in the dressing room and that's a delicate thing to do, not done by getting rid of half the squad, breaking up loads of friendships creating discord and having to start the whole process again.

The press conf was intersting, more open than usual, I wonder if that is Peps style to be a bit more accomodating after a fuck up game.

At the moment we have players such as Bony, Hart, Mangala & Nasri who are surplus to requirements. If you add them to 4 or 5 players leaving as their contracts expire it becomes a mass clear out as far as the press are concerned.

I expect our CL squad next season will look something like:

New GK
Bravo or Caballero
Gunn

New RB
New LB
Zabaleta or Sagna
Kolarov

New CB (possibly 2)
Stones
Otamendi

New Pivot
Fernandhino
Garcia

Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne

Sterling
Jesus
Aguero (or replacement)
Sane
Kelechi

+ 1 or 2 from Fernando, Nolito, Navas, Delph. Not sure if I've got all of the club trained, association trained etc categories right, but something like that. I think that sort of player turnover is manageable

#PEP: 2 years 2 months is a lot of time in football. I came for three years - I want to stay for three. Next season I want us to play better

If he's only staying for the three years he may as well not bother!

It's too big a job for a three year cycle.

If we're being made to play the Guardiola way and buying for the future then what's the point if he's just going to fuck off after three years before the tree bears fruit, so to speak?

#PEP: 2 years 2 months is a lot of time in football. I came for three years - I want to stay for three. Next season I want us to play better

If he's only staying for the three years he may as well not bother!

It's too big a job for a three year cycle.

If we're being made to play the Guardiola way and buying for the future then what's the point if he's just going to fuck off after three years before the tree bears fruit, so to speak?

It isn't I agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.