Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

Screw the media scumbags. They hv only ONE agenda, however nice they may appear at times. And its even more nauseating this season with their best buddy at United.

In the PC, Pep mentioned seeing the Stoke game again. The guy is a perfectionist. Already reviewed Stoke. Im sure he would hv seen the game 2-3 times. Like I said earlier, Stoke game gave lot more valuable takeaways for Pep than the CL game. Cant wait to see City games this season. Already pissed about the looming Intl break - 10 days without us playing!

He doesn't half fidget. I thought he was trying to dislocate his fingers at one point.

Why is his comment that Hart "has a chance to play" being reported as "Hart is likely to start"?

He fidgets all of the time he is on camera. He'sconstantly scratching his head, rubbing his face etc..

The press are dickheads. After the euros they're all calling for Hart to be dropped and blamed him for the mistakes and for England's exit. Then when Pep drops Hart, suddenly the press becomes Hart's mum that's defending him in the principal's office at school.

His conferences are really interesting. He is a strong leader undoubtedly. Even with the press, you can clearly see the questions that are about football he relishes answering. He gives detailed analysis and explanation in a positive manner with a smile. He has no time for repeated questions about 'personalities'. He gives curt, dismissive responses that firmly direct the flow of the conference.

I admire his stance. We are too obsessed with individuals and not enough with the team ethic here. Calling yourself 'Team England' does not make for a successful team. What does, is every single member of the squad working towards a common goal with an inspiring leader. When we realise that, we may be successful.

While we focus on where Rooney plays and whether he should or shouldn't play on the left, we will achieve very little. While we focus on the immense disrespect to Joe, or the prejudices of big JT or Raheem's Swarovski sink, we won't be successful.

It is about the whole squad. You adapt or go. You do what the manager asks or you don't play.

It sounded like 'fat man'.

Couldn't agree more with regards the press. Just two questions from the Spanish media. Both far more incisive and thoughtful than the usual Hart questions.

It's almost as though the Spanish media are actually interested in the mentality and challenge he's finding in England rather than something to spin into screeching headlines. I'd love one to ask "how do you feel having to answer the same question four times as the British media try to get something to throw to their sheep?"

Thinking back I used to love Mancini's press conferences, the fire and passion and even humour that he exhibited in those made them worth watching, unfortunately after a while the press caught on to which buttons they needed to press to get the reaction and story they wanted and towards the end they became almost painful. After that I loved how Pellegrini gave them all absolutely nothing, it was fun to watch the journos desperately flounder as they tried in vain to get any kind of sound bite out of him. Again though, after a while that amusement ended as it became more and more apparent that rather than it being a defensive tactic to keep the negativity to a minimum it was actually just what Pellegrini was like all the time. At the moment Pep's conferences are entertaining and insightful but in a few months or a years time who knows. For the time being I'm trying to stay with the enjoyment for as long as I can!

I hope this is a WUM

If not you must be the most miserable sod on the planet.

I'm loving every second of Pep being here. No we're not going to win every game and no we won't be winning the quadruple but the football he's installing and already made progress with is sublime.

I also get the feeling he will be here longer than just 3 years.

Cheers. Same mind.

Anybody else loving them and hanging on almost every word? No boring, vague answers, clearly explains why he is doing something and loves to talk about football. Talks tactics, the way he prefers a player to play and doesn't seem to squirm away from any questions. Don't want to turn it into bitching about Pellegrini but the transparency Pep gives us in his answers is a pleasure. Actually gives us something else to look forward to in the week other than just the games.

Making this thread after just watching todays presser, i'll post it below as City's site is a bit of a nightmare.

Steaua (H):

Thanks for posting as always couldn't find it on the shitty new website

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.