Pep's tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungarian blue

Opening new threads is not my thing, but I think the content couldn't really fit in to the 'Guardiola and the future' thread, so rather starting a new one. A few screenshots with explanations from Istvan Beregi. Not that it's rocket science, I guess most of use recognized some new patterns, especially regarding the pressing.

If you click on the tweet, you can then separately click for all 4 pics.

Last edited:
Opening new threads is not my thing, but I think the content couldn't really fit in to the 'Guardiola and the future' thread, so rather starting a new on. A few screenshots with explanations from Istvan Beregi. Not that it's rocket science, I guess most of use recognized some new patterns, especially regarding the pressing.

If you click on the tweet, you can then separately click for all 4 pics.

Nice link on that guy's twitter feed to Pep's methodology in 15/16. Maybe it has been posted on here before it is new to me.

https://thetacticalanalyst.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/bayern-munich-a-mega-analysis/

I would rather this wasn't posted here for all to look at, prefer if you did an analysis of Conte at Chelsea or Cunte at the rags!

I would rather this wasn't posted here for all to look at, prefer if you did an analysis of Conte at Chelsea or Cunte at the rags!
Yes, because the top clubs around the world rely on social media to get an insight into the tactics of opposing managers instead of employing well paid professionals to do it for them.

OP which Hungarian team do you support? I was working in Budapest last November and went to see Honved play Bekescsaba. It was a really exciting match with Honved being behind twice before taking the lead in the 90th minute. It was freezing but being able to have a beer (or five) whilst watching the match was great. Have had a soft spot for Honved since the Half Man Half Biscuit single in the 1980's piqued my interest and I saw they played in black and red stripes similar to City's classic away strip.

Thanks for posting that link, watching last night I did enjoy the pressing of the goal-kick which resulted in the Bayern defender stepping into the penalty area before the ball reached him and forcing a retake, top left pic on the tweet.

Yaya and Bony took no notice of any of Pep's tactics
Bony was looking for the mints. (old joke, sorry!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.