Pep's tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sagna has been very poor. Agree with the second point, I think he can do a job there but not play to his potential.

The Sagna point was more a 12month recap/give him a few more games to adapt to this system as he's the best out and out right back we have.

The Sagna point was more a 12month recap/give him a few more games to adapt to this system as he's the best out and out right back we have.
Best right back last year. Zaba has miles more quality and is more of a 'Pep' full back, I think he'll take his spot back before season end. Don't forget Zaba had serious injury problems last season and shut Sagna out the year before.

Best right back last year. Zaba has miles more quality and is more of a 'Pep' full back, I think he'll take his spot back before season end. Don't forget Zaba had serious injury problems last season and shut Sagna out the year before.

I'm not too sure to be honest, I know Zaba must be rusty but there have been signs that he's still not alright. The West Ham game in particular, the goal was his fault, didn't have the pace to cut the cross out. I still think Pep views Sagna as his starting right back, played him when he's been available, just wary because of the amount of games he's played in the last 12 months (as he alluded to in his last press conference).

I'm not too sure to be honest, I know Zaba must be rusty but there have been signs that he's still not alright. The West Ham game in particular, the goal was his fault, didn't have the pace to cut the cross out. I still think Pep views Sagna as his starting right back, played him when he's been available, just wary because of the amount of games he's played in the last 12 months (as he alluded to in his last press conference).

Sagna is our best right back. I get worried when I see zaba in the line up these days. He's been my favourite city player over the last few years, but he's to easily beaten now.

Sagna is our best right back. I get worried when I see zaba in the line up these days. He's been my favourite city player over the last few years, but he's to easily beaten now.

You're concentrating on the English shoulders to the wall defensive side of it too much, Zaba leagues ahead going forward :) He's got two top seasons left in this system.

You're concentrating on the English shoulders to the wall defensive side of it too much, Zaba leagues ahead going forward :) He's got two top seasons left in this system.

I don't think it's that, I very much understand the way Pep want's to play and the technical aspects required, I just think Sagna is technically able enough whilst maintaining a high standard of defending.

If we were playing Barcelona, Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal tomorrow, and our right back was up against Neymar, Lamela, Mane or Sanchez, I'd sleep much easier knowing Sagna was starting. I know this is just about the defensive aspect but like I say, technically, I don't think Sagna is that bad.

Nothing against Zaba, as he has been brilliant over the years but the last 18months haven't quite been right. Maybe Pep can get more out of him with a decent run of games, I guess we'll see.

I don't think it's that, I very much understand the way Pep want's to play and the technical aspects required, I just think Sagna is technically able enough whilst maintaining a high standard of defending.

If we were playing Barcelona, Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal tomorrow, and our right back was up against Neymar, Lamela, Mane or Sanchez, I'd sleep much easier knowing Sagna was starting. I know this is just about the defensive aspect but like I say, technically, I don't think Sagna is that bad.

Nothing against Zaba, as he has been brilliant over the years but the last 18months haven't quite been right. Maybe Pep can get more out of him with a decent run of games, I guess we'll see.
He's been injured the last 18 months.

Leon Brittons comments about us gave me a little smile. Basically saying the pressed well but couldn't cope with our passing and movement, also says were the best team he's faced in the prem. He mentions the importance of bravo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.