Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep will be ruthless with in/outs this summer.

Preparation for new season will be complicated by trip to China, Euro Championships & rest periods for those competing players.

I think we will buy early & get players settled as soon as possible.

It's going to be busy, very busy.
Pep himself arrives in July but Txiki is already working on the targets he and Pep has talked about. From what I understand and depending on titles the war chest that he gets is around 300m

Hart, a fit Kompany, Fernandinho & Aguero are the only names that should/could be in that starting 11 next year. De Bruyne, Iheanacho, Navas, Sagna & a fit Zabaleta have earned a spot in the squad although age may dictate a couple are sold. The newer signings deserve a little more time (Sterling, Otamendi) add a back up goalkeeper (probably Caballero) and thats 12 players. Then we need signings...and plenty of them!

Right Back
Left Back
Centre Back
3 Midfielders
1 Attacking Mid
1 Striker

EDIT: Forgot Silva which is worrying because that says something about how well he's played. Will get a chance under Pep to see if he can play the system. On the english quota, better just filling it with youth players.

Last edited:
Thing about pep is he is not afraid of taking bold and unpopular decisions, which make me fear for sterling chances, because if we get either of neymar or suarez whom we are getting linked with or leroy sane even, his spot would be in jeopardy, i hope sterling comes out good but he havent been consistent enough

Hart, a fit Kompany, Fernandinho & Aguero are the only names that should/could be in that starting 11 next year. De Bruyne, Iheanacho, Navas, Sagna & a fit Zabaleta have earned a spot in the squad although age may dictate a couple are sold. The newer signings deserve a little more time (Sterling, Otamendi) add a back up goalkeeper (probably Caballero) and thats 12 players. Then we need signings...and plenty of them!

Right Back
Left Back
Centre Back
3 Midfielders
1 Attacking Mid
1 Striker

Think you are pretty spot on with that.

Thing about pep is he is not afraid of taking bold and unpopular decisions, which make me fear for sterling chances, because if we get either of neymar or suarez whom we are getting linked with or leroy sane even, his spot would be in jeopardy, i hope sterling comes out good but he havent been consistent enough

Sterling will become a striker or second striker in my eyes. Don't think he has the technique to play the type of balls you'd expect from a winger.

The thing is though Suarez is 29 Neymar 24, now I'm not saying Sterling can be as good as them but he is 21 , with 3 years of listening and learning from Guardiola, who knows how good he can be by the time he is 24 .
I wouldn't even be surprised if Pep had some input into his purchase as well as De Bruynes.

Sterling will become a striker or second striker in my eyes. Don't think he has the technique to play the type of balls you'd expect from a winger.
A striker needs to be able to strike the ball, by definition

Unfortunately raheem couldn't strike the skin off a rice pudding...

He will be coached into becoming a proper winger , I don't think it suits him coming inside from the left as he needs space to be effective , he doesn't seem to want to beat his man and doesn't have the tricks to do so consistently

I would play him wide right and buy a proper inside forward for the left, Neymar for instance

With both a Copa and Euros this summer, some of the transfers we want will either drag on or be very difficult.

Will be an interesting summer to say the least, more so than this bore of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.