Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Coman and Costa, we might get players with potential but who arent superstars yet.

My money is on Sane and Weigl.

Plus I hope we get a RB and LB as well. Its been a problem area for so long now, especially LB. We should get an established LB to replace Kolarov and slowly bring in Angelino as Clichy's replacement.

Sagna is also out of contract and yet to be offered a new one. With pep only being here for 3 years I can't see him only having his full team for 1 of those years.

The only way i'd disagree with this is if we didn't have a lot of money.

We have the money so we SHOULD buy the players we need and we need at least 6 players. Imo we should get pogba, carvajal, (or any good right backs, zabas finished and as you've said sagna hasn't signed a contract) laporte, gaya, weigl and sane.

In terms of strikers it's difficult to see who we can get because say if Kun has an injury free season what top /potential strikers would want to sit on the bench when they could be playing week in week out

If the media is a barometer we will be signing half the worlds population. It is silly season for the press already, complete rubbish all over the place.
We will ofc be in for a few names but a broken clock is right twice a day so i can't even be arsed reading the "exclusive, peps targets revealed" stuff.

Honestly don't think we need to....still fighting on four fronts.Champs league a long shot but who's to say we couldn't do a domestic treble depending on team selection against Chelsea.
Long term we need to bring the average age of squad down ie pogba for yaya.....younger full backs.....denayer for MDM.....but 300m???? We don't need to spend that kind of money anymore.

Not saying we need to ... but I think we will. I think ownership will target this summer to enter the elite of world football. All the infrastructure is in place...the squad will need more investment if by September we want to legitimately be in the same bracket as Bayern, Real, and Barcelona.

Pogba would be 80+
If we went for Alaba he would be up in the 60+ range
Thiago would be at least 45
Stones would be at least 50
Sane and Wiegel are easily 30-40 each

If we go for a statement signing (Neymar/Messi) that is 150 alone.

Hart, a fit Kompany, Fernandinho & Aguero are the only names that should/could be in that starting 11 next year. De Bruyne, Iheanacho, Navas, Sagna & a fit Zabaleta have earned a spot in the squad although age may dictate a couple are sold. The newer signings deserve a little more time (Sterling, Otamendi) add a back up goalkeeper (probably Caballero) and thats 12 players. Then we need signings...and plenty of them!

Right Back
Left Back
Centre Back
3 Midfielders
1 Attacking Mid
1 Striker

EDIT: Forgot Silva which is worrying because that says something about how well he's played. Will get a chance under Pep to see if he can play the system. On the english quota, better just filling it with youth players.
De bruyne hasnt earned a place in the team? Wtf?

The players who I think will stay as important parts of the whole are as follows:

Hart
Aguero
Kdb
Sterling
Silva
Kelechi
Fernandinho
Otamendi

Everyone else is in trouble of getting sold in my opinion. Kompany I didn't include because I'm worried he can not stay healthy anymore.

De bruyne hasnt earned a place in the team? Wtf?

Not yet, i'm sure he will do but need to see more from him in bigger games, its partly down to Pellegrini playing him in the wrong position. Put it this way, if we were to play Barcelona tomorrow and I had to pick players I was 95% sure to do a job in that starting 11, Hart, a fit Kompany, Fernandinho & Aguero would be the only names on the sheet that fit that criteria

Kingsley Coman looks a decent prospect. I think Pep is unlikely to sign a load of player. Likely a couple of CM's (Weigl and Gundogang maybe). Pogba would be awesome but even with Pep I think it's unlikely. Not sure who's out there for fullbacks.. would love to see some of the EDS coming through. I've got no idea why Pellegrini hasn't tried to bring some fullbacks through.. it is the easiest position to blood youngsters in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.