Personalising Seasoncards

1128qv9.jpg

Disappointing this. Lost the old boy a couple of seasons ago and had an image of him with King Colin, Tommy Booth and Tony Book on my SC. Call me a sentimental old fool but it kind of felt like I was still bringing him to the game with me. Every time I got it out there he was and I always asked him "so, what do you reckon today then Dad?" before going through the turnstile..

Did something similar.

This season I will carry 2 cards with me. :-)

Think you are right.

I have been told that there were lots of dodgy pictures that slipped through eg. Jimmy Saville etc.

Just too much hassle for the Club to police it, shame that some comedians have spoilt it for the majority.

It's the job of a comedian to make you laugh and the Adam Johnson custody photo did that for me. The lad boasted about it on Twitter and it went viral. I'm unsure if he did get banned but there was talk of it.

They didn't print Sophie Howard in a bikini on mine one year but did my #ThatsNotAKnife one ok. It was me with a City scarf wrapped around my face and holding a blue bear. It was a global response to Fenerbahce knife selfies.

Who on earth wouldn't recognise a photo of Jimmy Savile?

Not surprising with the aggro of this.

•They have to assign someone to vet the photos

•They have to have someone deal with enquiries where the picture is incorrect.

•The manufacturer needs to print both sides for all cards at the same time with generic photo choice and at least half the front.

•With 1 pic on the back they can get all the backs and possibly half the fronts preprinted

•They can flog advertising for the backs based on a certain number of season cards

•With preprinted backs and half fronts already done they only have to print the details on the front in the white panel in one colour or black, which maybe a quicker process, then encode them.

It's a lot more expensive to have them personalised to the extent that they were done in the past few seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.