Pet dog taken ill suddenly

Glad to hear your Ridgeback is ok. Met my first a couple of years back - she was one of a pair, the brother had just died. She was visibly withdrawn, she hugged her owner's skirts for the whole three days I worked at their house. Still such a gentle and beautiful dog.

Just wanted to say thanks and give you an update.

Our own Vet turned out and having looked at what he was passing and physically examined him diahnosed a travelling infection. Its last as long as it has due to him eating something he shouldn't have. It lasted as long as it did as it has slowly made its way through his digestive system causing havoc in the process.. He was gives a large boost of antibiotics via injection and last night after a couple of hours it was as is Billy Graham had been round and worked his magic. He's on a weeks worth of strong antibiotic tablets to ensure it completely out of his system , limited food portions of chicken and rice and all being well he should be fine.

You really are a good bunch of people and thanks for taking time to reply to me, it's
Very much appreciated.
Brilliant news mate, absolutely fantastic. Go and cuddle them all day matey :-)

Just read your post PW (and thread) great news that your dog is getting better.

Last edited:
Fantastic news PW.

I was worried because my daughter lost her greyhound in similar circumstances this week. It’s clear now that his problems were different.

I love my dogs to bits. Give your pooch a big hug from baconface. :)

Thanks guys for all you kind words, blues really are the best people in the world :)

Fantastic news mate im made up for you, our dog passed away in nov 14yr old they really are part of the family

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dog, it's always really sad when that time comes. We had another Ridgeback before our present two and when he passed away the house seemed so empty without him. Their love is unconditional for the price of a warm bed, a bowl of food and a walk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.