Pet Hates on the road!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oman0115, 30 Jan 2014.

1. bluemoon risin'

bluemoon risin'

Taking the rise.
    Thing is, lorry drivers are professional drivers and should give consideration to other drivers. Failure to do so often causes horrific accidents where a car is crushed and the occupants are often seriously injured, or worse still killed. Many trucks are only damaged superficially and truck drivers often come away from the scene relatively unscathed.

Of course, many truck drivers are very good considerate drivers, but the ones who aren't often cause an accident through irrational foolish driving.

2. plongo

plongo

Snakes for me

3. citizenyank76

citizenyank76

Not "on the road" but road related. I live in a congested area where there isn't much parking. There is one parking place I use, or well used too, on a side street use every day. Not convient but I usually come home late. Some guy came by about a month ago and "dumped" a big gas guzzling POS with lapsed Georgia plates in it. Just decided that was the perfect place to store it for the winter where nobody bother it. I've had people from my HOA threaten to tow my car if I parked in certain developed areas, but this guy just dumps his car unannounced. Lucky I found out who it was and we are on good terms. Otherwise, I would have made a phone call and had it towed.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2016
  4. Old twats that pull out from a minor rd onto a major road and still think they are at a coffee morning. In a micra.
    Bicyclists.

5. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

There's no such thing as road tax. Think before you type.

6. Bluemanc100

Bluemanc100

RKAM
    The old A Class I take it... the new one is half decent... They make me use one as a company car ;-)

7. big phil

big phil

Anal...

8. Taximania

Taximania

Hes going through a difficult transition.
    He's called stuart.

9. purplenose

purplenose

Horizontal dancing instructor
  10. Southern

Southern

I know it's strictly not the Road, but Parking bays - anyone have stories to report? Just seen this:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/driver-hi...utting-his-car-across-two-bays-135259249.html

This motorist abused online for parking across two bays said he deliberately left his car like that to protect it from other drivers.

Luke Varley, 24, was tagged in a Facebook group called “Parking like a t**t” after leaving his Astra GTR across two spaces at a Doncaster supermarket.

But rather than ignore the post, Varley hit back and said there was a good reason for the way he had parked – the ‘amount of clowns who can’t park or drive’ who had previously damaged his car and driven off without leaving a note.

And his controversial parking technique even has a name – Clarkson Parking after the former Top Gear presenter.

“I park like that every time if I am staying somewhere for any length of time,” said Luke, a shop assistant.

He added: “It was with my old Astra that I started parking like this as I used to park normally but after washing it I noticed that it had really bad scratches and dents on the side of it. I realised it was from being parked in carparks – but no one was leaving a note.

“It really annoyed me. I wasn’t having it any more, especially not with my new car when it was £16,000 as a scratch or dent can really damage the look of the car.”

His car was spotted by mum-of-three Jessica after shopper Jessica Winder, a 37-year-old cleaner, who was out shopping.

Jessica, also from Doncaster, said: “To be honest I have had my car scratched in car parks when parked in normal parking bays.

“But I wouldn’t say it’s a good idea. If everyone did that it would be chaos.