Pet Hates on the road!

People that DON'T use bus lanes outside their time restrictions. The sign says "Bus Lane between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm." For the other 18 hours in the day it is NOT a bus lane and can be used quite legally. Many times I've been using the lane at 2pm, and idiots shout about it being a bus lane. I always politely tell them the time and then ask them to read the sign. A lot of people still don't understand what I'm saying!
Incidentally, my youngest daughter failed her first driving test by not using the lane outside the time restrictions. The instructor said that it was a bit harsh, but the examiner was correct.

Its amazing how many people just won't go down that bus lane during off peak hours (which they are allowed in) Its like the car will set on fire if they venture in.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/residents...-mum-who-blocks-roads-with-4x4-134437513.html

Anyone suggest how they would deal with this?

Residents reveal three-year parking war with 'selfish' mum 'who blocks roads with 4X4' on school run

Anthony Pearce
Yahoo News UK16 January 2017
  • 4330a93265e13227ebe86689c146b892
  • 45e0fb56d8d11c4ab51134b85b84a0d9
  • 23c9a77f4da9ece8ea8239e14c8e89b3
1 / 7
The offending car and residents Ben Broadhurst and Denise Underwood (Mercury/Caters)
A school run has turned into a battle ground after a three-year parking war with a mum who allegedly blocks driveways with her 4×4 for up to 45 minutes at a time.

Pictures show the mother parking her huge car across driveways when dropping her child off at school — despite living just around the corner.

Enraged residents in the quiet street in Derbyshire say they can’t get anywhere while her enormous white Land Rover Discovery is parked twice a day.

45e0fb56d8d11c4ab51134b85b84a0d9

The Discovery blocking a driveway (Mercury/Caters)
Former soldier Benjamin Broadhurst, 34, has revealed a series of pictures that he says show how the driver routinely blocks driveways, causes traffic congestion and endangers lives by forcing pedestrians into the road.

When confronted, Benjamin says the driver has been rude and claimed she can park where she likes.

23c9a77f4da9ece8ea8239e14c8e89b3

The woman is alleged to have done the same with her old car (Mercury/Caters)
Most shockingly, residents claim that she lives just a few minutes’ walk away from the school but insists on driving her 4×4 to be as close to the school gates as possible.

Police and council have told residents that there is nothing they can do and the school even provide parking at a nearby Asda and a pub.

Benjamin, now a property engineer and neighbourhood watch coordinator, said: “She’s endangering lives. And that’s not an exaggeration. The way she parks for example, other vehicles have to swerve out around her.

“She has no regard for anybody else other than herself. She’s selfish. She has a bigger vehicle than everybody else so she can park where she wants, the way she wants.

4ad6e70f67c031bdb953c59ab701e38e

Many residents claim to have confronted the woman (Mercury/Caters)
“There have a been a few interesting exchanges of words between people. Mainly the people dropping their kids of. I’ve heard people try to talk to her but she just shuts the window and drives off. She has the ‘I can park where I want because there aren’t any parking restrictions’ conversation.

“Her children will see her mouthing off at other people, giving them abuse and they’ll think ‘oh, that’s fine, my mum does it, I can do it’.”

17be97f3ba606ec774ad77208ccbfbcf

Damage caused when a grass verge was allegedly churned up (Mercury/Caters)
He added: “I’d say to her: Think what you’re doing to other people. Consider other people. We live here.

“And think of the safety of the children who are walking past your car. It’s not setting a good example for anybody is it?”

Nearby resident Jess Howe, 23, claims that the woman continually moves her car about as she agitates those whose drives she blocks.

Jess, who works as a courier, said: “She has no respect. She had been parking across the road from my mum and dad’s house two months before it started happening [to me].

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/residents...-mum-who-blocks-roads-with-4x4-134437513.html

Residents reveal three-year parking war with 'selfish' mum 'who blocks roads with 4X4' on school run

Anthony Pearce
1 / 7
The offending car and residents Ben Broadhurst and Denise Underwood (Mercury/Caters)
A school run has turned into a battle ground after a three-year parking war with a mum who allegedly blocks driveways with her 4×4 for up to 45 minutes at a time.

Pictures show the mother parking her huge car across driveways when dropping her child off at school — despite living just around the corner.

Enraged residents in the quiet street in Derbyshire say they can’t get anywhere while her enormous white Land Rover Discovery is parked twice a day.

Former soldier Benjamin Broadhurst, 34, has revealed a series of pictures that he says show how the driver routinely blocks driveways, causes traffic congestion and endangers lives by forcing pedestrians into the road.

When confronted, Benjamin says the driver has been rude and claimed she can park where she likes.

Most shockingly, residents claim that she lives just a few minutes’ walk away from the school but insists on driving her 4×4 to be as close to the school gates as possible.

Police and council have told residents that there is nothing they can do and the school even provide parking at a nearby Asda and a pub.

Benjamin, now a property engineer and neighbourhood watch coordinator, said: “She’s endangering lives. And that’s not an exaggeration. The way she parks for example, other vehicles have to swerve out around her.

“She has no regard for anybody else other than herself. She’s selfish. She has a bigger vehicle than everybody else so she can park where she wants, the way she wants.

“There have a been a few interesting exchanges of words between people. Mainly the people dropping their kids of. I’ve heard people try to talk to her but she just shuts the window and drives off. She has the ‘I can park where I want because there aren’t any parking restrictions’ conversation.

“Her children will see her mouthing off at other people, giving them abuse and they’ll think ‘oh, that’s fine, my mum does it, I can do it’.”

He added: “I’d say to her: Think what you’re doing to other people. Consider other people. We live here.

“And think of the safety of the children who are walking past your car. It’s not setting a good example for anybody is it?”

Nearby resident Jess Howe, 23, claims that the woman continually moves her car about as she agitates those whose drives she blocks.

Jess, who works as a courier, said: “She has no respect. She had been parking across the road from my mum and dad’s house two months before it started happening [to me].
Simple. Go round to her house 30 minutes before the school run, and if there are no parking restrictions, park across her drive and walk away for an hour. Alternatively, get 2 mates to park front and back of her, leaving a couple of inches between the bumpers, and video her attempts to get out as evidence of criminal damage when it goes to court,

If all else fails, smash her windows and torch both the house and the car.

Simple. Go round to her house 30 minutes before the school run, and if there are no parking restrictions, park across her drive and walk away for an hour. Alternatively, get 2 mates to park front and back of her, leaving a couple of inches between the bumpers, and video her attempts to get out as evidence of criminal damage when it goes to court,
This I like!

Anthony Pearce
1 / 7

Buy a cheap old banger - take the reg plates off and when she parks squeeze by repeatedly leaving some lovely new go faster stripes. Would work well driving down the footpath side and would make sure both sides of her car match.

Anthony Pearce
1 / 7

Nails under each tyre

Drivers who approach junctions like Sterling Moss expecting nothing coming, then them having to brake as you swerve past their protruding front bonnet.Tossers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.