Pet Hates on the road!

Cyclists That don't use the cycle lanes !! On my commute a cycle lane runs alongside the road for several miles separated by a grass verge nobody uses it ! Traffic is held up by lycra warriors weaving in and out of traffic and the cycle lane stays empty why ???
Bike lanes aren't mandatory. If a bike is weaving in and out if traffic, doesn't that suggest that they're either keeping pace with or going faster than the rest of the road users rather than holding them up?

Sickboy you have to know the road, it's narrow as the council put in safety ideas to make the road safer, and the cyclists slow the traffic down as drivers can't get by them safely. Then lycra warriors will just ride down the right hand side of you as you try and avoid the cyclist on the left of you , and all the time the cycleway mocks you as it stands empty and under used . I have no idea why cyclists won't use it, they campaigned for it long enough ,and the council built them effectively their own mini motorway system safely away from traffic but it's used by hardly anyone on the daily commute, it seems they would rather play Russian roulette every day with the traffic than use a dedicated bike lane safely .

I was reading up about parking like this as I get similar outside my house due to a dentist nearby. If you have your car on your driveway and someone blocks you in then the police can be involved and tow it away because they are blocking your access to the highways. If you don't have a vehicle on your driveway and they block you getting onto it then its more a civil matter so the police won't be involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.