Peter Kay's Car Share

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Malty, 10 Feb 2016.

1. brummie blue

brummie blue

Series 1 was great, and ep 1 of series 2 decent, last night's was disappointing but I've watched ep 3 & 4 and ep 3 had me roaring, the best so far.

2. big gaz

big gaz

Yep the hand job sign and the pub The dog with 2 cocks, were the only funny bits in there.

3. Bentheblue

Bentheblue

Yeah, I really enjoyed series 1, the doggin episode was a classic.

4. willipp

willipp

Worst one yet, not up to the usual standard at all.

5. oldhamblue

oldhamblue

He took 100 % writing credit for Phoenix Nights despite writing about 25% of it. Thats why they've never made any more.

He has a minimal imput into the writing of Car Share. If he had a bigger influence, it could be greatly improved in my opinion

6. BlueTG

BlueTG

The ending of episode 4 and the series was shit, IMO.

7. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

Sorry, but that's not right either. He shares writing credits for Phoenix Nights equally with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice.

8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I liked the second series. The interplay between the two was very good and I enjoyed the slapstick. Lord Varys as the 'blue woman' was a comedy tour de force. As was the monkey on the back seat spitting out wearthers. Suspect we will see a third series.

9. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Mate, if you don't think a monkey sitting peacefully with a seat belt and a pair of pink sunglasses on whilst pissing on the driver isn't funny then that is your prerogative. Please leave the rest of us to enjoy it for what it was - good slapstick comedy.

10. Tom_mcfc

Tom_mcfc

It's just tastes isn't it. I like my comedies to be relatable and what I enjoy most, Royle Family, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights these are funny as a lot of it is what we go through in every day life. A monkey (which never would of got out of the safari, let alone drive miles away on a roof with no one watching) having a piss in a car then no I don't find it funny. As I see on here some do and fair enough.

The idea is great, as someone who commutes into the city centre every day it could of been comedy gold - the cyclist scene was very funny. Instead they went down the dumb it down route of monkeys in cars, panning out to clips of them singing day dreaming instead which for me was a shame. The woman he gave a lift home to from the staff party was brilliant.