Petition: Champions League Ticket Collection

Simple solution
collect tickets from the etihad a week before the match where you get a ticket and an wrist band with a bar code which you put on at the etihad
the wrist band has the same bar code as your ticket which if broken stops you getting in ground
cant make the etihad then you go to collection point wherever game is taken place where you get ticket and wrist band
you could even state your choice when you buy ticket online or on phone

The problem is, how do young lads in their early 20s, say, ever hope to catch up with you? It's impossible. The loyalty points system is an admirable one, but what is the end game? If it just carries on forever, our average away going fan base is going to end up being 60 odd years old in a few years time.

I totally understand why loyalty should be rewarded, and I totally understand why points whoring is wrong. But I know loads of lads who are keen as mustard to attend away games regularly, but they're unable to because they were born a few decades too late to have accumulated enough points.
My lad is 19 and has about 9,000 points which was enough for the Madrid semi. Without the collection in Madrid that wouldn't have been possible. It's not enough for the big local aways but we've done red and blue dippers in the cups and a few longer distance ones so it's not like it's impossible.

My lad is 19 and has about 9,000 points which was enough for the Madrid semi. Without the collection in Madrid that wouldn't have been possible. It's not enough for the big local aways but we've done red and blue dippers in the cups and a few longer distance ones so it's not like it's impossible.

Of course it's not impossible, mate and fair play to your lad for acumilating so many points.

I don't know your lad's particular circumstances, but a lot of 19 year olds have not had the opportunity to accrue so many points because they were never taken by family members and didn't earn enough money to buy their own tickets while still at school.

I'm not saying loyalty shouldn't be rewarded, just that there are also downsides to allocating tickets solely based on who has been to the most away's in the past.

A far better petition would be when tickets are put on sale. To not put them on sale until 2 weeks before is complete lunacy. It's fine if you are certain you are gonna get a ticket but if you are border line then it is a nightmare as you don't want to buy flights/hotels without knowing whether you can get a ticket and you don't want to wait till the last minute and pay a fortune for flights etc.It isn't difficult to sell away tickets straight away. Total joke. As for picking up tickets - seems worth it to stop leaches buying tickets to sell on. I am sure there is a better solution but it is better than the previous one.
This is a big point too.

Simple solution
collect tickets from the etihad a week before the match where you get a ticket and an wrist band with a bar code which you put on at the etihad
the wrist band has the same bar code as your ticket which if broken stops you getting in ground
cant make the etihad then you go to collection point wherever game is taken place where you get ticket and wrist band
you could even state your choice when you buy ticket online or on phone

Don't know many people that will wear a wristband for a week.

As mentioned earlier all tickets should have photo ID attached for the person that the ticket has been issued to. This I.D can be sent in as part of season card or cityzens card renewals. Staff can do prechecks just before the turnstiles.

I know that some won't want this for privacy reasons as it could be used for cctv face matching if they are looking for anyone caught up in bother, even if it's not their fault, but then again it could also help to keep some of the arseholes away.

Bump....It seems to have stalled. Surely there must be at least a thousand supporters that are unhappy with the situation!

wear a wrist band for a few days or queue in the rain for a few hours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.