Petition to change EFL governance

Done.

It raises the issue of accountability again. The FA and so on are faceless fools with 0 accountability. The best way would be to get non football people in who have made it. That may sound daft as we always say "why is x there they know sod all about footy". Well yes that is correct but, and there is a valid "but" here. The ones currently there seemingly for balance and their non football sentiment have failed. Beyond that there is no need for a football man/woman to be arsed about the fit and proper stuff, it is purely business related and does not touch the actual footy.

Who would you trust, a bloke known to have nice cosy meetings with Harry "the envelope" Rednapp or some chap who wanted a change from working at Standard and Poor who knows the world of business like we know the back of our hands. That person has 100x more credibility than the others currently in charge.

Of course my comments are a brief summary that barely addresses the issues properly but if this gets some form of actual open debate then great stuff.

Last edited:
The accountability of the EFL/FA is the issue here. Both appear to be self serving and reluctant to move with the times - and they both treat fans with disdain. I am busily adding the word to other fan's forums and hpefully, the volume of signatures will increase.

If we do reach the 100k, what happens next is anyone's guess. But at least the issue and sentiment of the fans will be raised.

Thank you all for your support

From a Seasider and football fan

signed.

the independent governing bodies of the game have demonstrated time and again they are not fit for purpose, sadly I see little hope of this changing, but kudos for trying

The accountability of the EFL/FA is the issue here. Both appear to be self serving and reluctant to move with the times - and they both treat fans with disdain. I am busily adding the word to other fan's forums and hpefully, the volume of signatures will increase.

If we do reach the 100k, what happens next is anyone's guess. But at least the issue and sentiment of the fans will be raised.

Thank you all for your support

From a Seasider and football fan

What outcome do you want/hope for from an EFL/FA intervention? Your best case scenario is Oyston gone, but practically how is that achieved?

Oyston is the owner of Blackpool FC not the EFL - what legal right do they have to force him to sell? Presumably they could kick Blackpool out of their competition (not sure what grounds they would have for doing so) but not sure how that would help the supporters, and there would still be no reason for him to sell if he didn't want to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.