• Alexis Sanchez - Arsenal
Men's PFA young player of the year nominees

• Dele Alli - Tottenham Hotspur
  • Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur
  • Michael Keane - Burnley
  • Romelu Lukaku - Everton
  • Jordan Pickford - Sunderland
  • Leroy Sane - Manchester City

If Alli was in the adults list, he'd have a great chance of winning both.

In fact, Chelsea could collapse, Alli could lead Spurs to an unlikely title win, scoring 2 goals in every game until the end, and still not win the adults award because he's not on the list.

Another thing, they really need to sort out the young player award. Make it a rookie season/breakout season award, or just cap it at the age of 21 or something. Having Kane and Lukaku in it just makes it a farce. Alli will probably still win it, so it’s okay for now, but if he wasn’t in it, Sane would stand no chance against Kane or Lukaku.

Sané over Sterling is bizarre. Sanchez over Alli on the main shortlist is also a weird one. And Zlatan hasn't been that good considering he's played almost every minute.

No sterling in young players is a joke and i see they have to have a token rag in the main list even tho he's done well i feel other players have done the same if not more!!!!

Sane took time to adjust to a new League and culture, but Sterling has arguably been our Player of the Season.
However, Ali and Hazard will deservedly win the awards.

Agree with last few comments. Sane has done very well and very exciting player, but our best player of the season has been Sterling. There's probably only 2 players in the running for City's POTY and they are Sterling and Silva.

I'd go for Hazard and Alli, but suspect Kante will get POTY.

On a positive note when I was thinking abut City's young players, there's quite a few who would have gone close to that YPOTY nomination. In terms of young players, we're probably better off now than we have ever been, but we also have a lot of old players at the end of their careers. Illustrates perfectly that City are between teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.