Phil Brown @ 1/2 time

ChesterRdBlue said:
The way he went over to their fans clapping, I thought he was saying "We're not going to win today lads so were packing up, thanks for coming, the taxis are waiting"

I wish he had, I had a bet on 4 - 0 and Caceido first to score.............£324 from £1 stake!

At about 75 minutes I started to get excited

I have nothing against him or Hull at all, I thought he showed back bone to do what he did and showed some grace in his post match interview. Good manager, nothing wrong with what he did.

danbanjovi said:
I thought it was ace, myself.

I also can think of a few City 'performances' this season that would have merited the same.

Wonder we haven't 'ad a shed put on at halftime in front of the south stand to accommodate Hughes so he can give a Lloyd George hustings performance after some of the staggering displays we have witnessed lately.

Only on Bluemoon.....folks slag off a man's methods whilst admitting it worked to an extent.
Hats off to the guy for trying something different.....most folk on here probably would've scoffed at many of the experiments Big Mal tried and succeeded with.

Thought what he did was good.

Sitting in a changing room while the manager bollocks you does not have the same effect, sometimes you don't listen and other times it just doesn't register with you.

Getting bollocked infront of 3,000 angry fans would embarrass you alot. Those who responded well to that will probably be safe in his mind, those who didn't respond well to that will probably be off in Jan. It was designed IMO to test their character, if you have a strong one then you would want to perform in the second half and make sure that never happens again.

Pam said:
Why do people get all weird around City? Delia comes to mind and I think today was as extraordinary as that evenine in Norwich.

At least Delia had the excuse of being pissed hahahaha.

Stupid stunt imho, very poor management to bollock your empoyee's in public, in any walk of life, it mightwork on a small few, but its likely to have the exact opposite effect on most. Footballers are no different, there will now be factions in the Hull dressing room, which he will struggle to close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.