Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Bill, 21 Jul 2017.

1. Mike N

Mike N

Every fans dream.

2. Gabriel

Gabriel

Best angle is the one that has a bewildered Ndidi in the background.

3. CityStu

CityStu

xG isn't perfect though as it assumes the chance has been created. Foden deserves credit for creating the chance (and possibly space for Kun).

4. BlueTG

BlueTG

When Sergio signed he'd have been 10 or 11 years old!

5. xG is far from perfect, and I share the feeling that Foden did well to keep the ball under pressure before passing to Aguero. However, I've always thought that assists is an extremely approximate measure of chances created, since a sideways pass at the top of the box followed by a worldy finish gets as much credit as beating three players in the box and then passing sideways for an open goal tap in. xA (expected assists) does a much better job of measuring the quality of the chance you've created for another player, irrespective of their finishing. So I think Foden did well, but turning that into a goal was almost all down to Aguero.

6. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    The same applies to goals statistically. Aguero gets the same statistical reward for the 4th goal as he did his 1st.

7. Absolutely. I know it has it's limitations, but I'm really liking the xG website.

8. domalino

domalino

I've only looked into this for a few minutes, but if we were to win the treble, and he played the 5+ games needed to get a Premier League medal, Foden would become the youngest player ever to win a treble.

9. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

I know he’s played for City since he was a kid, is he a City fan?

10. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

Yes he is a blue.