Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why yesterday's game would have been great. He was playing against a football playing team.

I got that Silva and Sane needed some stretch time, but on minute 80 I was of the mind that Kompany was safe and we could use the third sub on Foden to get a run out. But instead we went with Danilo, who by the way was 1 yellow away from a suspension.

Nitpicking here, but I thought that was unnecessarily cautious.

Agree with you. Foden should have played and would have benefitted from the experience. I would still start him against Wigan, it is a game we should win even with squad players and one to condition the team ahead of a cup final we want our first 11 fully fit for and two league games that are tough and good results in would take us closer to einning the league.

Similarly the home leg against Basel is one for rotation or experimenting on formations. 4-0 is enough of a cushion to make changes and save Fernandinho and De Bruyne for the CL and Fa cup quarters should we win against wigan.

Not sure if he'll start against Wigan or not but hopefully he at least gets some minutes if we have a comfortable lead. Should definitely start in the home leg against Basel though.

Not sure if he'll start against Wigan or not but hopefully he at least gets some minutes if we have a comfortable lead. Should definitely start in the home leg against Basel though.
It's literally impossible I'm afraid. Starting 17 yr old in a decisive CL knockout game is a recipe for disaster, Guardiola would never do that.
But I think we can hope for sub appearances in both games.

It's literally impossible I'm afraid. Starting 17 yr old in a decisive CL knockout game is a recipe for disaster, Guardiola would never do that.

Not that decisive when we're up 4-0 on aggregate...he started when the group was already won at Shakhtar. If he's out there with a lineup somewhat along the lines of: Ederson, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Delph, Gundogan, Silva, Sane, Jesus, Bernardo...I don't think he's going to cost us blowing a 4-0 lead.

At the very least it is not 'literally' impossible

How the fuck is it a recipe for disaster to start the best(?) 17 year old in the world against a team he'd probably start week in week out at? We could play the whole game with 10 men and we'd still be favorites to win the game nonetheless the tie.

Tie’s over mate. I think he will start.

I got that Silva and Sane needed some stretch time, but on minute 80 I was of the mind that Kompany was safe and we could use the third sub on Foden to get a run out. But instead we went with Danilo, who by the way was 1 yellow away from a suspension.
If Fernandhino gets an injury or a ban (hope not), then its quite likely his replacement will be Danilo, so that was why he was given time last night.

Foden will get game time as the season comes to a close, but he's had tasters, and so will be itching to get more of them, and he will.

There was no reason to put Foden in against Basel, give him another week rest and give him 60 against Wigan replace him by Diaz.

Tie’s over mate. I think he will start.

I think he'll come off the bench. Pep's talked about how his selections and subs influence the mentality of the team before, and he'll know that starting Foden is a massive neon sign to the entire world that the tie is over, which is not how Pep wants the team to approach it even if it's true.

A pretty strong starting line up, bring Phil on at half time assuming we're still 4 or more goals ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.