Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really want to see this kid start against Wolves. It'll be good experience because they're no mugs. Looks like a true superstar in the making, just hope he cuts the grade with us, because nowadays you've got to be phenomenol to get anywhere near this team. Good luck to him anyway because I'd love to see a local City born n bred kid living the dream we've all had.

Really want to see this kid start against Wolves. It'll be good experience because they're no mugs. Looks like a true superstar in the making, just hope he cuts the grade with us, because nowadays you've got to be phenomenol to get anywhere near this team. Good luck to him anyway because I'd love to see a local City born n bred kid living the dream we've all had.
He's with the England u17 squad in India for the World Cup. England needs to be eliminated in the group stage or the first knock out round for him to even have the slightest of chances of playing. And that's not likely as England are amongst the favourites to win.

He's with the England u17 squad in India for the World Cup. England needs to be eliminated in the group stage or the first knock out round for him to even have the slightest of chances of playing. And that's not likely as England are amongst the favourites to win.
That's a shame that is pal. Would of loved to see him play in that.

Why he is still with the England under 17s? Isn't it a bit of a waste of time for a player on the fringes of a top PL team to be playing at that level? Maybe those more clued up about youth football can answer. It seems a bit like putting Rashford in the under 20s.

Why he is still with the England under 17s? Isn't it a bit of a waste of time for a player on the fringes of a top PL team to be playing at that level? Maybe those more clued up about youth football can answer. It seems a bit like putting Rashford in the under 20s.
Jermaine Jenas wrote an article today about it actually. Apparently they're making more of an effort to keep players together for an extended period, so that as they go up through the age groups, they've already been playing together for a long time in a particular system.

The lad wouldnt have been out of his depth at wembley last night.
Not sure about this keeping him down mentality. He looks good enough now ...and i,d say the england team could be moulded around his particular brand of quick fire ,accurate passing.you camt teach players this skill,they either have it or they dont.Foden for England full team.Now.if jessie big nose can get in,along with over rated rash,and wooney as a teenager before him,why isnt Phil Foden being given the chance?
Dont care if he is not in our first team.England need him.

Might be just me but I don't mind he will experience a youth world cup with his national team. In fact, it's a great opportunity to make further notice of himself and maybe catch the eye of Pep even more etc.Whilst he's great and looking like he already stepped up a level this season, it's not like he's already banging on the doors of our first eleven like, let's say Messi was at this age, so why shouldn't he go?

The lad wouldnt have been out of his depth at wembley last night.
Not sure about this keeping him down mentality. He looks good enough now ...and i,d say the england team could be moulded around his particular brand of quick fire ,accurate passing.you camt teach players this skill,they either have it or they dont.Foden for England full team.Now.if jessie big nose can get in,along with over rated rash,and wooney as a teenager before him,why isnt Phil Foden being given the chance?
Dont care if he is not in our first team.England need him.
Didn't see the game last night (thankfully) but reportedly Stones kept on having to signal to the midfielders where they needed to be in order to receive a constructive pass from him.
The present incumbents seem competent at breaking play up and basic attacking play but we need more than that.
Foden is a strong candidate to be able to provide what we need and the sooner he is fast tracked into the setup the better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.