Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked very, very good in the match and seems to be progressing well.

I hope he gets a fair amount of game time in the cups (and even a few League matches) this season.

I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. Sancho was brilliant as usual, but Foden ran the show, and when England were holding on in the last 20 minutes, Foden was making tackles, pressing and harassing the opposition in defence and most importantly holding on to the ball in possession, while the other attacking players including Sancho & Gomes disappeared from the game then kept giving it straight back to Mexico trying to score a 4th on the counter when what they really need was just a few minutes of possession to suck the life out of the game which they eventually managed to do.
Your post illustrates, perfectly, the intelligence of the lad,and why,imo,he is ready to step up.
Another poster above mentions that bbc sport saw fit to ignore his performance.
It would appear that any young fotballing talent from Manchestsr csn only gain headlines if he is from a particular club.
Imo, he should be transported to the full england set up,becaise,creatively,ball posession wise,disciplined midfoeld play wise,he is a step up from the robotic
giants currdntly playing for Southgate in midfield.

The press have ignored hiim (and Roberts) because they know the effect having a young, english, exciting talented footballer from City will have on the watching nation; all eyes on City,and a stack of new fans,esp younger fans,and a whole wave of pro-City goodwill and positivity.
I may be reading the situation completely wrong but City need to find space for this gifted individual and give him the playing time,because soon his advisors will be turning his head elsewhere.
And for the poster who says above we should 'keep an eye ' on the chelsea lad....imo we should channel our vision on our own outstanding talent.

Oh my!
Shame BBCSport don't deem it worthy to report on!

Another poster above mentions that bbc sport saw fit to ignore his performance.
It would appear that any young fotballing talent from Manchestsr csn only gain headlines if he is from a particular club.
Imo, he should be transported to the full england set up,becaise,creatively,ball posession wise,disciplined midfoeld play wise,he is a step up from the robotic
giants currdntly playing for Southgate in midfield.

The BBC are reporting it.

Just watched highlights on Eurosport is it me or do they not want to mention his name?? seems very strange

Foden is absolutely class. Wish we still had Sancho but Foden being a manchester lad and being with us for years is always going to be more keen to stay.
Imagine the pride at Foden and hopefully(not seen him play) Tommy Doyle both worldies and both every bit City through and through lining up for us and winning trophies? The scenes at the press offices when the rag and dipper stranglehold in the media is finally lifted once and for all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.