Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the pride at Foden and hopefully(not seen him play) Tommy Doyle both worldies and both every bit City through and through lining up for us and winning trophies? The scenes at the press offices when the rag and dipper stranglehold in the media is finally lifted once and for all...
Which is basically what i aluded to earlier.....

Shame he's at the U17 World Cup, I reckon he would have played against Wolves, as I'm expecting Diaz is going to.

Last edited:
You may be sayin the same about Foden if the club arent careful!!

The one difference is he's a blue.... that extra 10% he'll need to make it will come with enthusiasm of playing for his boyhood team, coupled with he already carries favour behind the scenes with the coaching team... sancho, as talented as he is, held no loyalty when push came to shove!

He certainly has high regard from the man himself. Was at an event last night where Pep was asked ' which player has impressed you most?'
Without hesitation he said -'Phil Foden.' He went on to say that he must be playing in the first team and how he has everything. Pep's clearly bursting to get him there. Watch that space!

Bodes well that he's clearly capable on the flank as well. Gives Pep a few more options that can hopefully get him introduced to the first team.

I wonder if it's a case of waiting for him to develop a bit more physically more than anything, because the way he plays, he is going to get the shit kicked out of him and he won't be protected by the refs. Might need to build up his core strength etc, help protect him against injury.

The closest player to Foden to come through in England is Wilshere, and his career has been wrecked partly by injuries. Not sure the specific causes of his, but he did used to regularly get a kicking from a young age.

Imagine the pride at Foden and hopefully(not seen him play) Tommy Doyle both worldies and both every bit City through and through lining up for us and winning trophies? The scenes at the press offices when the rag and dipper stranglehold in the media is finally lifted once and for all...

i think it would be brilliant for the fans and club. i think its what we've been missing. a local lad ( stockport) in the team. doyle and foden would be the dream

I wonder if it's a case of waiting for him to develop a bit more physically more than anything, because the way he plays, he is going to get the shit kicked out of him and he won't be protected by the refs. Might need to build up his core strength etc, help protect him against injury.

The closest player to Foden to come through in England is Wilshere, and his career has been wrecked partly by injuries. Not sure the specific causes of his, but he did used to regularly get a kicking from a young age.
Thats a damn good point PD...and one that i hadn't really put my brain to. Back in the day,players like Alan Devonshire at Westham were able to bring their unique creative football skills to the table,despite not being powerfully built.....i would suggest that its up to the powers that be to protect gifted footballers,with refs who are prepared to admonish foul play...not like whoever it was at wembley ,who allowed arsenal to butcher David Silva.....i digress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.