Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Foden would be an option for Yaya's place but he isnt guaranteed a bench spot either.As for Mangala,he our best 3rd centre half option,presently.

He doesn't have to be guaranteed the spot, just get it 50% of the time and come on in 50% of those games if we're 2+ goals up after 70 mins.

That'd probably get him 5-10 appearances.

5 appearances is the minimum needed for a premier league winners medal, so I see that as the bare minimum for being involved in a league season, and would be a very reachable first target.

Good article in one of todays papers claiming that he will be signed by Adidas and also a new lucrative contract from City.
Possible loan offer to our parent club in Spain for next season ... if they don`t get relegated.

They won't get relegated, win this morning and they'll be 8th!

He doesn't have to be guaranteed the spot, just get it 50% of the time and come on in 50% of those games if we're 2+ goals up after 70 mins.
Its an ideal,i hope it can happen but i am struggling to see where.Maybe in games we 'should' win,but that in itself sounds ludicrous and arrogant.

That'd probably get him 5-10 appearances.

5 appearances is the minimum needed for a premier league winners medal, so I see that as the bare minimum for being involved in a league season, and would be a very reachable first target.

Exactly. Easily reachable.

Yeah and if you want to you can keep making dozens of excuses to not play the kids.

Or you can do what every other club does and occasionally take a punt on one.

Foden was the best player on the pitch in the pre-season derby and he's good enough to be considered part of the first team squad by Guardiola.

Bringing him on at 4-0 up against Watford, Palace or Feyenoord isn't going to end the world.

Agree he should be getting game time or at least on the bench like the game today who would you want to bring on if it’s a tight game a yaya or Foden? Foden coming on for me would give the whole crowd a lift sometimes managers should look at this.

That's not true at all. Foden is slight but he's strong, we saw that in the preseason game against United's first team where he was up against Herrera and Pogba and got in plenty of physical scraps with them. It was probably the biggest indicator in that game that he was ready, we all already knew he was skilful enough and smart enough for senior football, but he held his own against one of the biggest sides in the league.

At the u17 world cup as well the opposition couldn't knock him off the ball at all without blatantly fouling him, it was clear that he was stronger than a lot of the competitors, probably because he's playing with the first team every day and has a first team strength and conditioning program.

He's easily as strong as Sterling was at 18 when he started playing in the Premier League full time.

9r0nxd.jpg

Manchester-City-v-West-Bromwich-Albion-U18-Premier-League.jpg

Posted this previously.
Foden just 3 years ago & present.
He is a very clever player who uses his body to protect the ball very well and has the quality to match.
Imo he can handle the Premierleague no problem whatsoever.
Stick him in and watch him go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.