Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly,the manager has gone with experienced internationals in this potential banana skin and table topping fixture.

Yeah, we probably would have lost this match 3 or 4 nil if he'd been on the bench instead of Yaya.

It's chalk and cheese. Whilst guys like Sterling and Silva are small, they're still quite strong and have filled out their bodies.

Take a look at Foden next time. He'd blow away in a gust of wind atm. His body isn't yet hardened or matured enough to withstand the rigours of top flight football.

I completley disagree with that, pre season against players like pogba and others he was fine. sterling was 17 when he was playing regularly and was the arguably smaller and coped fine.

Foden is 17.

James Milner
Cesc Fabregas
Gareth Barry
Aaron Lennon
Jack Wilshere
Wayne Rooney
Jack Rodwell
Joe Cole
Micah Richards
Raheem Sterling
Luke Shaw
Michael Owen
Theo Walcott
Daniel Sturridge
Aaron Ramsey
Ross Barkley

Are a selection of the players who started playing in the premier league at 17 or younger.
You said 16 in the post I quoted and why I asked you 16, are you a politician

You said 16 in the post I quoted and why I asked you 16, are you a politician

No, I said Foden was put on the bench at 16, which he was last season.

I never said Foden was 16 now, why would I? I know he's 17.

Are you illiterate?

I completley disagree with that, pre season against players like pogba and others he was fine. sterling was 17 when he was playing regularly and was the arguably smaller and coped fine.
I don’t necessarily agree with the strength premise @ws01 put forward—and think you are right that he would hold up as well as David in that regard—however, I think the bigger problem with a lack of physical development (as yet, he is still very young) would be his ability to avoid injury.

You really need to strengthen and mature to ensure you don’t pick up niggly injuries that become major issues. That’s one of the reasons wonderkids usually peak earlier than most players: they play at a higher level earlier than most and thus subject their bodies to more rigor and more injuries at an earlier developmental stage.

It is something to be carefully managed.

Agree he should be getting game time or at least on the bench like the game today who would you want to bring on if it’s a tight game a yaya or Foden? Foden coming on for me would give the whole crowd a lift sometimes managers should look at this.
Indeed.And they should look before its too late.This lad needs to be playing top class football.now.
I dont give a stuff whose nose is put out of joint.The touch and awareness are there.Put him on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.