Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuse for City not to play him IMO, plenty of games this season that will be won with 25-30 mins to go, why not let him have a run out, lets face it, pre season he had Pogba and co in his pocket, he's hardly likely to disgrace himself is he, what happened to, If he's good enough, he's old enough, this kid is mint and needs to be fast tracked..

Be interesting how he plays with all the accolades and attention he has had? He’s back to the football and he has to still keep his high standards to impress Pep because he will be watched to see how he reacts and plays in next few games. The type of character he is though Id expect feet firmly on the ground.

Last edited:
hate when football clubs use the words fast tracked and its daft and sounds desperate and the player or kid is put under pressure for no reason look at most of young talent we have had in england and at man city most of them was pushed to early and played to much football and asked to do a job that somebody a lot older should be doing

i look back at the old days when manchester city had the best youth setup and would produce 2 or 3 every other season and they would be straight into the first team at 16 or 17 and play every week with the squads we had at the time then next thing we are are talking about a season pro at 21 and by late 20s he is burnt out or injury hit and finished by the early 30s all because we pushed them to early

ask yourself how many great players england produced over the last 20 years that has lasted to the late age of a footballer the likes of rooney owen beckham scholes and many more was all but finished by the age of 30 they all played to much football at a early age and asked to do and mans job in a youth body for me we must start to leave the youth players to develop and give them the best chance of playing a full career for both club and international teams you get a better player who can play his best football over the age of 30 and is not burnt out or made his money and can not give a shit anymore

manchester city don't need phil foden right now and we should just have him around the first team squad watching the likes of KDB and silva and give him one or 2 cup games with one of them in the team to play with but that's it for me forget premier league football for another 2 to 3 years and forget loaning him out to get first team football he will learn more in the city squad than any championship or league 1 team and then we just might have a player

hate when football clubs use the words fast tracked and its daft and sounds desperate and the player or kid is put under pressure for no reason look at most of young talent we have had in england and at man city most of them was pushed to early and played to much football and asked to do a job that somebody a lot older should be doing

i look back at the old days when manchester city had the best youth setup and would produce 2 or 3 every other season and they would be straight into the first team at 16 or 17 and play every week with the squads we had at the time then next thing we are are talking about a season pro at 21 and by late 20s he is burnt out or injury hit and finished by the early 30s all because we pushed them to early

ask yourself how many great players england produced over the last 20 years that has lasted to the late age of a footballer the likes of rooney owen beckham scholes and many more was all but finished by the age of 30 they all played to much football at a early age and asked to do and mans job in a youth body for me we must start to leave the youth players to develop and give them the best chance of playing a full career for both club and international teams you get a better player who can play his best football over the age of 30 and is not burnt out or made his money and can not give a shit anymore

manchester city don't need phil foden right now and we should just have him around the first team squad watching the likes of KDB and silva and give him one or 2 cup games with one of them in the team to play with but that's it for me forget premier league football for another 2 to 3 years and forget loaning him out to get first team football he will learn more in the city squad than any championship or league 1 team and then we just might have a player
Needs to play games. Ideal opportunities in the Champions League games coming up.

All valid points except that Foden may want to play immediate first team football, regardless of how that might affect how far into his thirties he can play.

I'd rather him have the odd minute at City this season to appease that desire than him to have to feel he has to move elsewhere for first team football (as a fair few of our talented kids have).

This season is OK. Next season he needs to be playing for himself, and for City, and what we do in the transfer mkt between now and then needs to reflect that

All valid points except that Foden may want to play immediate first team football, regardless of how that might affect how far into his thirties he can play.

I'd rather him have the odd minute at City this season to appease that desire than him to have to feel he has to move elsewhere for first team football (as a fair few of our talented kids have).

am with you matey a couple of cup games and maybe a 5 to 10 min run outs in the premier league from the bench but that's it no pressure of filling a starting place or being asked to do to much and if this lad is what a lot of people are calling the best for many a year then we can not rush him even if he wants to go now pep and the rest will know best and my trust is they will not rush him and just let him feel his way in

but am so excited just like the rest and i know he can be a star but lets hold on and polish him and rap him up in cotton wool a bit more and then open the box

ask yourself how many great players england produced over the last 20 years that has lasted to the late age of a footballer the likes of rooney owen beckham scholes and many more was all but finished by the age of 30 they all played to much football at a early age and asked to do and mans job in a youth body

Scholes was done by 30 was he?

The bastard won 5 league titles, 1 Fa Cup, 2 League cups and the Champions League and played 303 games in his 30's.

Tell me how done Gareth Barry was at 30 as well? Started playing at 17. 250 games after 30.
Frank Lampard? Started playing at 17. 348 games after 30.
Ryan Giggs? Started playing at 18. 420 games after 30.
Gerrard? Started playing at 18. 220 games after 30.

Truth is, the only footballers who have had a career curtailed by an early start are the likes of Rooney, Owen or Fowler who were undroppable first team members at 17/18.

No one is suggesting that so your entire "too much too soon" argument is rubbished. 10 appearances of the bench in the league and half a dozen cup games are not going to do any harm.

It's just another excuse for people looking for reasons to not use him.

Scholes was done by 30 was he?

The bastard won 5 league titles, 1 Fa Cup, 2 League cups and the Champions League and played 303 games in his 30's.

Tell me how done Gareth Barry was at 30 as well? Started playing at 17. 250 games after 30.
Frank Lampard? Started playing at 17. 348 games after 30.
Ryan Giggs? Started playing at 18. 420 games after 30.
Gerrard? Started playing at 18. 220 games after 30.

Truth is, the only footballers who have had a career curtailed by an early start are the likes of Rooney, Owen or Fowler who were undroppable first team members at 17/18.

No one is suggesting that so your entire "too much too soon" argument is rubbished. 10 appearances of the bench in the league and half a dozen cup games are not going to do any harm.

It's just another excuse for people looking for reasons to not use him.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.