Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were almost as close to perfect as it's possible to be, in general play, imo.

Diaz against his natural instinct, made sure he didn't take any chances, which I particularly liked, because if he sorts out that part of his game, & improves his finishing just a bit imo, he has a real chance of getting games.

Foden just looked a class act & physically very close to first team level.

Slightly off topic but is young Tommy still coming along nicely ?

He's still feeling his way into 18s life, but that's not really surprising given he's 15. He's defo not looked out of place though, but not fully taken control of games. He reminds me of when Brahim finally moved to the 18s and he took a few weeks to settle in before eventually taking over.

He's still feeling his way into 18s life, but that's not really surprising given he's 15. He's defo not looked out of place though, but not fully taken control of games. He reminds me of when Brahim finally moved to the 18s and he took a few weeks to settle in before eventually taking over.

Cheers.

I'm very optimistic about him.

Pleased for him and Brahim - both have a very bright future ahead of them!

I do think some of the comments on here are unfair. Pep knows how to bring the youngsters along better then anyone.

Minutes and experience are important, but it is paramount that they are set up for long term success. They need to be mentally AND physically ready. Let's not forget, in any game they are playing, they're going to be up against seasoned veterans that have been playing professionally longer than they've been kicking a ball around. There's nothing more detrimental to a teens career then destroying their confidence early on.

Pleased for him and Brahim - both have a very bright future ahead of them!

I do think some of the comments on here are unfair. Pep knows how to bring the youngsters along better then anyone.

Minutes and experience are important, but it is paramount that they are set up for long term success. They need to be mentally AND physically ready. Let's not forget, in any game they are playing, they're going to be up against seasoned veterans that have been playing professionally longer than they've been kicking a ball around. There's nothing more detrimental to a teens career then destroying their confidence early on.
Foden is on a high now though, I'd be looking at getting him on the bench for every league game and giving him minutes whenever possible.

I actually liked that, in comparison to the donkey's dicks playing in England's midfield. It shows he doesn't mind receiving the ball under pressure & belives he has an out ball even if it's not obvious to us what that might be

It's a good starting point imo & he can refine it as he goes along.

I don't mind it, but I feel it hindered the progress we normally make up the field. Granted, David Silva is a genius, but his ability to find space often helps us find those openings in defences quickly. Foden has been a bit more individualistic in youth football, which either suits our flanks or he needs to fit into the team a bit better in the centre. No reason he can't do that though.

Foden is on a high now though, I'd be looking at getting him on the bench for every league game and giving him minutes whenever possible.

I agree, I'm just not sure he's ready to be playing 90 minutes against Leicester in the league cup, etc. I think at this point what is best for him is 20-30 minute run outs and cameos. But of course, the coaching staff knows best.

I agree, I'm just not sure he's ready to be playing 90 minutes against Leicester in the league cup, etc. I think at this point what is best for him is 20-30 minute run outs and cameos. But of course, the coaching staff knows best.
I don't see anything wrong with him playing 90 minutes against Leicester surrounded by a strong team. If he ends up getting worn out by the pace and physicality that's what subs are for and it'll be a good experience for him. In fact looking at our fixture list around that game there's a good chance he'll be in physically better condition than KDB or Merlin.

That really did look like hard work &he was one of the most effective players in the latter stages.

He has the engine and skill to play now in premier for a full game but the players in front of him are season pro’s so the best he could hope for is getting on the bench getting 10 mins here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.